Tom Gugliotta
2003 1st round draft pick
2004 1sr round draft pick

To Miami Heat For:
Brian Grant
Eddie Jones
Anthony Carter

Trade accepted on realgm.

Miami has already been rumored as to be have been trying to deal both Jones and Grant, with jones getting injured it now makes even more sense. Miami has had enough with Anthony Carter and is looking to unload him and his salary. With Alonzo Mourning probably calling it quits after this season the Heat will be looking to rebuild around caron butler with high draft choices and through free agency. The heat gain cap space in the upcomming year and in the future with this deal. Tom Gugliotta will provide veteran leadership for a young team and an ending contract. Penny hardaway is off injury now and begining to play very well for the suns. He can start for the Heat.

The Suns recieve a quality starting center who will provide an inside presence, play 33 minutes pg, and grab 10 points, 10 rebounds a game in Brian Grant. The suns also reieve a great all around 2 guard in eddie jones. He should be able to come off injury and start for the suns. His injuries have been limited until this year and the guy puts up 20 ppg consistently season after season and has a better career 3 point % than anyone on the suns roster. The suns also keep Joe Johnson and Casey Jacobsen in the guard rotation.

So the roster looks like so:

PG
Stephon Marbury
Rand Brown

SG
Eddie Jones
Joe Johnson
Casey Jacobsen

SF
Shawn Marion
Bo Outlaw
(Joe Johnson)

PF
Amare Stoudemire
Scott Williams
(B. Grant)

C
Brian Grant
Jake Tsakildis
Jake Vohskul

This trade could put the suns over the top. After this trade the main focues would be to keep these guys together and they would not be able to do much else in free agency.

With this roster in 2 years the suns could consistently challenge for NBA Championships.

fordronken

Reaction score
You're aware of course, that the Heat are trying to trade them for...cap space. That is to say, NOT HARDAWAY AND GUGLIOTTA! And Jones being injured doesn't mean anything, because he'll be healthy by the offseason(I'm assuming you know about the trade deadline).

OP
OP
A

Arizona

Reaction score
The Heat would gain cap space this year from this deal, and after 1 year would recieve a very large amount of space because googs contract will be up while grant and jones who have contracts in the same range go for another 4 years

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First of all, welcome to the message board Arizona.

I really don't think either team would make that trade. The Phoenix Suns would not do it because they need that cap space even worse than Miami does. Shawn Marion's salary blows up next season to the maximum. If they made this deal you proposed Marbury, Marion, Jones, and Grant would put them over the luxury tax without even considering any other players salaries. Bryan Colangelo has already said that the Suns will likely be trying to get some salary cap flexibility this summer. I doubt they'll be able to do much, but they'll try.

I don't think Miami would make the deal because Pat Riley has said he doesn't want to make deals that will make the team terrible just to gain salary cap space. Perhaps if they had an awful record again, and it was next year's trading deadline they would do it, but the Suns still wouldn't.

Joe Mama

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I have to say, the message "s" made more sense than that trade proposal.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree with Joe Mama, neither team would do this deal.

This trade is really terrible for Suns.

I wouldn't do this deal without Suns' 1st rounders and not even if MIA would take Carter out.

I would trade Hardaway and Jacobsen or Suns' 2004 1st rounder for Jones although Jones broken the same bone in his ankle as Grant Hill.
But no way that Suns trade Gugliotta's expiring deal for Grant's terrible contract.No doubt that Grant is better than any of Suns' C's although he is undersized and I highly doubt that he would average more than 8/8 in Suns uniform.
And this doesn't make Suns to contenders at all.

So at least take out Suns' picks,Carter, add MIA's 2004 1st rounder (max. top3 protected) and I still think that Colangelo would automatically reject also this modified proposal because of Grant's contract.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
By the way, I think it's worth pointing out again that the worst trade proposals for the Suns very often come from brand-new posters.

It's just a little suspicious.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by elindholm
By the way, I think it's worth pointing out again that the worst trade proposals for the Suns very often come from brand-new posters.

And our European friends... :D

Just kidding guys! :p

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Originally posted by elindholm

It's just a little suspicious.

I am not to sure about that. What about that Camby "Proposals"

Just kidding hcsilla :D :D :D :D :D