Possible Dem Candidates for Pres in 2020

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by 82CardsGrad, Jul 19, 2018.

1. dscher

dscher Registered

Well, I didn't ask you. I was hypothetically asking Symone. Her response says it all...she is simply apologizing away his response imo. I'm sure if Trump said anything similar, she'd be there to rip him to shreds(regardless of track record)

2. AzStevenCal

AzStevenCal ASFN Contributor Contributor

Seriously? That's quite an exception. Track record matters. A lot. It's sometimes difficult to discern intent but a person's track record will often make it clear. And Trump's track record tells us that, when in doubt, assume the worst.

Ouchie-Z-Clown likes this.
  3. dscher

dscher Registered

I get it..and I agree. But the assumption is for her. I get a sense that even if track records were of no concern, she would try and tear up the opposing side with a comment like that, instead of giving the same leniency. Jmo

4. TJ

TJ NUKed

UncleChris likes this.
  5. AzStevenCal

Okay, there've been so many conversations on this I can't recall if we're now talking about Symone's comments or Hill's. If it's Hill, I'd be inclined to stick up for her. She does have a legitimate axe to grind with Donald but I've always thought she was bright and open minded (mostly). If it's Symone, though, I'm not familiar with her at all.

6. Folster

Folster The system doesn't work.

While she is one of Biden's senior advisor in 2020, she was Bernie's press secretary in 2016. I wonder if she would be as forgiving if Hillary had said the same thing in 2016.

7. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

Man you’re seeing ghosts. He was being forceful making his points. And he was extremely well spoken. Cognitive schmognitive on this one. He’s being criticized for not being out front more during the pandemic and he comes out forcefully and you criticize him for that. You create a no-win situation for him, and frankly it’s kinda lame.

my one criticism of his display is he kinda misses the mark when he tries to be folksy. He just isn’t. He shouldn’t try to be what he’s not.

LoyaltyisaCurse likes this.
  8. Ouchie-Z-Clown

this. Contemporary is better fitting than folksy. He misses the mark here.

9. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Of course trump has the whole Central Park 5 thing and Biden . . . doesn’t.

UncleChris likes this.
  10. AzStevenCal

I think so but it's not because of who she is or what she's likely to do, as I said I have no previous familiarity with her. It was a stupid thing for Biden to say but the idea that it's some big deal is the real concern here. It shouldn't even be the tiniest blip on the radar but the ultra conservatives are trying to turn it into an unclimbable mountain. It's absurd and that's without even using the "Trump says worse than that almost every time he opens his mouth (or tweets)" defense.

UncleChris likes this.
  11. Folster

Not just conservatives. Many Bernie supporters are all over this and believe it or not actual black people regardless of party affiliation found it offensive.

Biden did not apologize because he ruffled the feathers of conservatives.

12. AZCB34

AZCB34 Registered User

Track record is everything though. Biden over the years has proven himself to be an ardent defender of minority rights which is why she is defending him. If Biden was a racist dickhead his whole life I am betting she would have ripped him

13. AzStevenCal

I guess I should have said all extremists but like the ultra conservatives, they are infiltrated and frequently directed by foreign disruptors. And Biden apologized because he should have, it was the wrong thing to say. But that doesn't make it a sin of the highest order as it's being Trumped up to be. It's nonsense and there has to be at least a little part of you that recognizes how stupid all this is. And again, I don't mean in comparison to the things Donald says and does, it's trivial on any scale when viewed with even a modicum of common sense.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    UncleChris likes this.
  14. Folster

Joe Biden 1977 - "Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle, the jungle being a racial jungle with tensions having built so high that it is going to explode at some point. We have got to make some move on this."

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biden-racial-jungle-quote/

15. UncleChris

UncleChris Retirement Doesn't Suck Contributor

[​IMG]

DemsMyBoys likes this.