Poll: What to do about the defense

What do you do for 2020

• Total voters

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Get rid of Bill Davis. He's awful and coaches his players down. I know he's not the DC but he has influence.
He was the LB coach on an awful OSU defense last year. The LB play was atrocious. He's gone, the LB's look like they can play and the OSU defense is a ton better with essentially the same personnel.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
@Krangthebrain @Chopper0080

Say if Wirfs, Thomas, & Brown are all gone before our pick, how would y’all feel about Okudah as our first pick?
You can easily make the argument that he is the best available on the board at that point...I am getting into the trade up for Chase or trade down for picks world. Only concern is that zone coverage is not Okudah's strength.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can easily make the argument that he is the best available on the board at that point...I am getting into the trade up for Chase or trade down for picks world. Only concern is that zone coverage is not Okudah's strength.
Yea, there’s just no way in hell we’ll be able to get Chase. Brown is probably more of a need than Okudah, but man, a Murphy-Okudah-Budda-Thompsons secondary has a lot of potential.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
VJ needs to go.

We leave so many players wide open for big yards, guys out of place all the time, guys looking confused on what we are running and we can't cover a screen to save our rear end.

The problem is who will be available this offseason?

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Get rid of Bill Davis. He's awful and coaches his players down. I know he's not the DC but he has influence.
He was the LB coach on an awful OSU defense last year. The LB play was atrocious. He's gone, the LB's look like they can play and the OSU defense is a ton better with essentially the same personnel.

100% absolutely YES. Billy Davis is garbage.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yea, there’s just no way in hell we’ll be able to get Chase. Brown is probably more of a need than Okudah, but man, a Murphy-Okudah-Budda-Thompsons secondary has a lot of potential.
I agree that trading up for Chase is going to be unlikely.

My mindset for the defense is more about adding veterans in the secondary moving forward. Essentially adding guys who have enough experience to limit the number of big plays and busted coverages in the secondary. If you do this, you can add youth up front to get after QBs.

In the draft, we are currently sitting at 8. I don't know if I see a world of difference between Derrick Brown and Javon Kinlaw and Marvin Wilson(when he is at his best). I want to be able to take advantage of this WR class, but again, how big is the gap between Lamb, Shenault (who would be better in the Kirk role than Kirk IMO), Tyler Johnson, and Aiyuk? I really like Jedrick Wills and Tyler Biadasz, but neither are worth a top 10 pick IMO. I just think we are in a spot where trading back and adding a 2nd or a 3rd is going to be the best option and that is pre free agency which should eliminate some needs.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
@Krangthebrain @Chopper0080

Say if Wirfs, Thomas, & Brown are all gone before our pick, how would y’all feel about Okudah as our first pick?

An elite cover corner that some scouts are saying is the best CB to come out in the past 5 years at least? Jalen Ramsey is likely the only better young CB.

While I want to add to positions that are really weak, getting a Patrick Peterson level defender would be a huge plus.

If I'm the Cardinals, I'm trying to trade multiple picks to get Chase Young. Dude is special. Better than Bosa was, and Bosa was really good coming out. Then again, teams can just find 3 or 4 decent pass rushers and just rotate them, but you cant do the same with corners.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What we need to do is actually hit on some of our draft picks.
Bucannon? Experimentally played him out of position and he's gone.
Nkdemiche? Took a chance on a low motor guy and he's gone.
Reddick? Experimentally played him out of position and people are calling for him to be gone.

Pick a winner and play him right.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose