Poll: Should Book play in game 6?

Should Book play game 6?

• Total voters

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Should Dbook play in game 6? Based on what he said ‘im back’ , it seems like he wants to. My vote would be for him to play limited to 22-25 minutes. I say that because I think Mavs series going to wrap up tomorrow and Suns need at least a little rest. I dont want to see a game 7 either as anything can happen in one game.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If hes 100 percent noooo bs fully healthy than by all means suit up best sg in lg :)

But also suns capable beatin pels honestly sittin book till next round would be my decision

We are the valley!!! Goooo suns :)

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
-
Not sure if a game 7 in either series changes this. The way CP has looked the last two games I would expect a Pels win at home then Booker returns for game 7.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Have him dress but don’t play him unless you have to.

We shouldn’t need him

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he is 100% healthy? No restrictions whatsoever (let him play his normal minutes) but I don't want to see someone have to play 47 minutes again either. If he is less than 100%? Sit him until he is close enough to play and contribute at a high level. If he can't contribute at a high level why bother?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Fully healthy, yes, anything less, NO!!!

He won’t be fully healthy for the rest of the postseason. If he/they feel it’s at a point where there’s no extra exposure to re-injure it then he plays IMO. Might as well know how it feels with the limitations before a potential game 7 or next series vs a tougher opponent.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, anything less than 100%, no, don't risk it.

That would change for a game 7 though.
Not for me. If there's more risk of permanent damage than if he were fully healthy, no play no matter how important the game is. I'm okay with him playing while not quite back up to full speed (conditioning) but not if the hamstring isn't fully healed.

I want a chance at a championship but not if it means Booker will struggle with hamstring pulls for the rest of his career.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He won’t be fully healthy for the rest of the postseason. If he/they feel it’s at a point where there’s no extra exposure to re-injure it then he plays IMO. Might as well know how it feels with the limitations before a potential game 7 or next series vs a tougher opponent.
You just don't know that (none of us do). It depends on a lot of things, not just the grade. From Pogophysio:

It is very difficult to determine how long an athlete may be out for based on their MRI report (Chumanov, 2007). For example, athlete A may have a minor grade I type I hamstring strain and require 6 weeks of rehab, while athlete B may have a moderate grade II type II hamstring strain and return to sport within 3 weeks. Other prognostic factors are considered when determining an athletes prognosis (Brukner et al, 2017)

• Days to walk pain free (>1 day = 4 times more likely to take >3 weeks)
  • The more proximal the site of injury to the pelvis = the longer the return to play
  • Involvement of the tendon = longer return to play
  • Larger tenderness area with palpation = longer return to play
  • Less self-confidence = longer return to play

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Devin Booker is healthy and he wants to play who am I to say no.

Okay, I'm taking my answer from what James Jones said.

By Wills Rice Arizona Sports:

“Every situation is different, we will get to tomorrow and see how he feels,” Jones said. “He will tell us how he feels, and if he can go and there is something that won’t keep him (from getting injured), we will talk about it.

“But ultimately, if a guy is healthy and wants to play, he plays.”

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
-
Not sure if a game 7 in either series changes this. The way CP has looked the last two games I would expect a Pels win at home then Booker returns for game 7.
Wow… they’d give us a full weekend of rest if we win tomorrow? Man, it would be GREAT to win sans Booker to give him another three days to get healthy AND give Paul a little blow as well with no games over the weekend.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Wow… they’d give us a full weekend of rest if we win tomorrow? Man, it would be GREAT to win sans Booker to give him another three days to get healthy AND give Paul a little blow as well with no games over the weekend.
That would be great. If we chance Booker and lose, never mind.

OP
OP
N

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ive never had a hammy injury playing bball my whole life (surprising given i have zero flexibility) but i do know that you have to keep it warm while on the bench which creates another risk if theres a minutes restriction and hes coming in and out. May make sense to just play first and fourth quarter or something like that

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
It's hard to say without knowing the details of the injury.Based on the available information, I am fairly sure he is able to play. Grade one hamstring injury is just a pulled muscle. That said, I think it's better for him to not play. If the Suns can't beat the Pelicans without Booker, they aren't gonna win it all with Booker. For New Orleans to win, they have to play a great game while the Suns really have to stink it up. Suns shot like garbage the first few games, and I think the law of averages is kicking in. There is nothing to gain by bring Book back too soon.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Even better, I'm hoping for a Suns win and Mavs loss.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Getting to play the T-Wolves would mean an even longer period of rest bc game six in that series is set for tomorrow. If Minnesota wins that means game 7 would be set for Sunday at the earliest, which means a Suns/Wolves series would start on Tuesday at the earliest...Maybe even Wednesday.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Getting to play the T-Wolves would mean an even longer period of rest bc game six in that series is set for tomorrow. If Minnesota wins that means game 7 would be set for Sunday at the earliest, which means a Suns/Wolves series would start on Tuesday at the earliest...Maybe even Wednesday.
Wolves? We can’t play them until the WCF.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wolves are on the other side of the bracket and NBA doesn’t re-seed after each round.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ive never had a hammy injury playing bball my whole life (surprising given i have zero flexibility) but i do know that you have to keep it warm while on the bench which creates another risk if theres a minutes restriction and hes coming in and out. May make sense to just play first and fourth quarter or something like that

I am flexible as heck when it comes to stretching my hammies. I still cramp and have pulled it before back in the 2000’s when I was really active.

It might be a genetics issue. I get cold feet and cramp a lot no matter the activity. Same could be for KJ and Book, maybe lack of flow due to genetic reasonings. No matter how great of a shape I was in or how much I warmed up, somedays I would just cramp.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wolves are on the other side of the bracket and NBA doesn’t re-seed after each round.
Oh man I'm too old I swore NBA re-seeded after each round so that the highest seed always played the lowest. Isn't that the way they used to do it or am I just losing my mind? lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose