POLL: Sean Payton in 2023 (Officially Going to Denver)

Should Cardinals pursue Sean Payton after the season?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 15.0%

• Total voters

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Yep, his voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard. Probably a really nice gu but couldn’t they find an announcer with a less gravelly voice.
I don't need everyone to have the Mr. Radio Voice.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't remember league wide, so many interviews and candidates and the jobs filling so slowly. Day after tomorrow is Feb. Incredible.

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
So let me get this straight, you go by Ragnor! (it just demands that exclamation point) which is such an awesome sounding burn and pillage Norse name, and someone's voice is too gravelly for you? I like Wolf because from all reports he is a great person outside his radio job and he did play his arse off for the Cardinals, but I can see how his repetitive phrases can become irritating and cliche
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Is there a radio personality that isn't repetitive, irritating and cliche?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't remember league wide, so many interviews and candidates and the jobs filling so slowly. Day after tomorrow is Feb. Incredible.
Mike McDaniel wasn’t hired until 2/7 last year. Josh McDaniels wasn’t hired until 1/30.

Fewer openings I guess means it’s a buyers market; plus a lot of good candidates went off the market last year?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Mike McDaniel wasn’t hired until 2/7 last year. Josh McDaniels wasn’t hired until 1/30.

Fewer openings I guess means it’s a buyers market; plus a lot of good candidates went off the market last year?
Do you think the longer season has skewed the hiring timeline

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just hope there is confirmation one way or another about Payton this week and name a HC by the weekend. Lots of names interviewed but please no VJ even has a holdover. Fresh start from GM to scout staff to coaching staff.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
I can see why people may grow tired of his schtick, but I have met him many times and he is a great guy. JMHO
I agree! I had dinner with him and he’s a riot. Actually pretty funny.

If you don’t like someone, leave it at that. Don’t need to try to change others about him.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Schrager said Sean Payton is very much interested in some coaching jobs. Dont dismiss it.
My brother, what are you not understanding?

We’re(at least *I’m*) not dismissing Payton wanting to coach this year.

We’re(at least *I’m*) are dismissing it because Loomis wants two first rounders for Payton.

This is not even about Payton or Bidwill, this is about Loomis & his demands.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Dumb Cardinals luck to agree on everything else, then get unreasonable demands from NO and move on. They get their second choice coach, in two or three years after he fails fire him and are looking for a new coach again. Meanwhile, SP goes to, say, Broncos, who pony up $$$$$ and pics to get it done, and are playing in the Superbowl the same year the Cards are looking for their next coach. Yep, Cardinal luck…

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Dumb Cardinals luck to agree on everything else, then get unreasonable demands from NO and move on. They get their second choice coach, in two or three years after he fails fire him and are looking for a new coach again. Meanwhile, SP goes to, say, Broncos, who pony up $$$$$ and pics to get it done, and are playing in the Superbowl the same year the Cards are looking for their next coach. Yep, Cardinal luck…
If the Cardinals didn't have #3 pick and we're down in the teens or 20s, this deal is already done.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Cardinals didn't have #3 pick and we're down in the teens or 20s, this deal is already done.
That’s what I think. If the Cards were to trade down and pick up two first rounds they could give the Saints the lower one.
I wonder if the Saints would take a conditional 1st pick after Payton is signed.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Could trade with Raiders or Panthers, get more draft capital for this year and next, then trade for SP. Problem is we would be trading with zero leverage. 2 firsts next year would do it, yes?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it would also be less of a problem if we had 60m in cap space.
So our hands are tied because we can’t sign quality free agents and now give up high draft picks?
Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose