POLL: Sean Payton in 2023 (Officially Going to Denver)

Should Cardinals pursue Sean Payton after the season?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 15.0%

• Total voters

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The Cards would be silly not to at least make the phone call. Maybe another top HC candidate hanging up on them would be a wakeup call.

On last week's Slow News Day, one thing Kevin Clark talked about was that there's more than a little kayfabe about these offseason moves. A lot of teams and staffs are getting their ducks in a row right now for coaching changes.

They were basically saying this about the Chargers job.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Why on earth we he consider us?
Well, if Kyler Murray in the transcendent QB that half the people on this board and in the media think he is, then that's why. He did it with a similar statured QB in Brees (although I would argue Brees has 100 times the passion for the position and probably that much more smarts)
Reality is, he's not, so that's why Payton probably wouldn't even entertain taking the job.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Well, if Kyler Murray in the transcendent QB that half the people on this board and in the media think he is, then that's why. He did it with a similar statured QB in Brees (although I would argue Brees has 100 times the passion for the position and probably that much more smarts)
Reality is, he's not, so that's why Payton probably wouldn't even entertain taking the job.
He isn't. Let's all move on from that. Just like Kliff is not an offensive mastermind. Continuing to spout those things just limits rational conversation.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If I’m a highly-sought HC, I am not coaching under Steve Keim.

I’ll be damned if you tarnish my future reputation after giving me a pathetic excuse of a roster to work with.
I don't know how much it will impact our next HC since Bidwill is still Bidwill, but that will be the first indicator of how much irrational hope we should have in who our next guy is going to be.

I will take Adrian Wilson and DeMeco Ryans at this rate if it gets rid of Keim.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I see more of people quoting things that used to be said as current quotes more than people actively saying them now.
Your not around much anymore apparently. We had one literally this week say they wouldn't take any other QB in the league over Kyler save Mahomes who he claimed is a push physically to Kyler.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dreamin' is free but I bet he has MUCH better options than this dumpster fire of an organization.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Your not around much anymore apparently. We had one literally this week say they wouldn't take any other QB in the league over Kyler save Mahomes who he claimed is a push physically to Kyler.

So n=1?

This narrative is BS Shane.

I have no idea how many people are on this board but might want to let that .01 go.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If and a big IF Payton comes here, Bidwill will handcuff him. I can see it

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose