Police Investigate After Woman In Vegetative State For Over A Decade Gives Birth

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by LoyaltyisaCurse, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Rivercard

Rivercard Too much good stuff

I would think it would be hard to pack on the pounds when you are fed out of a tube, and unhealthy for her. You'd have to be pretty obese not to notice the "Jiffy Pop" look of a 9 month pregnancy, so if she is indeed that large perhaps someone needs to have a little chat with whoever is in charge of waist management there.

2. DeAnna

DeAnna Just A Face in The Crowd

Then you'd be the 1st suspect. With a warrant you'd have no choice anyway.

3. DeAnna

DeAnna Just A Face in The Crowd

I heard an interview with an ob/gyn who said the uterus probably shifted to the side (being in bed all those years). Therefore less noticeable. Plus, without any pre-natal care I'd guess the baby was very small anyway; possibly a preemie.

With all the anti-seizure meds she was taking, 90% that baby will be developmentally challenged.

Kel Varnsen likes this.
  4. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

I wonder how hard it would be to get a warrant for every man that worked in the facility during the time-window of conception? @LVG ??

5. LVG

LVG Who?! Contributor

6. LVG

LVG Who?! Contributor

Too broad. I'd have real problems if they tried to pull that warrant. If you're looking for a warrant against Bob the jello mold guy who never leaves the cafeteria, I don't think you can do that.

First, start off with DNA warrants on every male worker who worked the floor during the insemination period. You can include maintenance, doctors, nurses, and orderlies.

7. Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen Moderator Contributor

What if she was artificially inseminated by someone who access to someone else's DNA in a tube?

8. puckhead

That's one diabolical perv. Probably licks doorbells for hours on end too.

9. Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen Moderator Contributor

I’ve made the news twice in two weeks now. That’s pretty good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Linderbee and cardncubfan like this.
  10. puckhead

:lol: Who hasn't found themselves in that situation? #makedrainpipeswideragain

cardncubfan likes this.
  11. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

lol

12. Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl Stand down Contributor

Not true. Different women carry babies differently. The "Jiffy Pop" look doesn't happen to everyone. I gained very little weight during my pregnancy, and I carried pretty centrally as did most of my aunts and cousins. I was nearly eight months pregnant and coworkers were being invited to my baby shower and they had no idea I was pregnant. I thought, "What? Did they just think I put on 15 pounds?"

Plus, I'm guessing they didn't up her caloric intake, so I suspect she gained very little weight as you mentioned since she was on a feeding tube.

13. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor

I had wondered about the health of the baby for nutritional concerns but hadn't thought of all of the drugs they were pumping into his mother on a daily basis.

Son of sexually assaulted comatose woman is the second victim

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...a-healthcare-second-victim-talker/2592029002/

The comatose woman raped at Hacienda HealthCare isn't the only victim of a crime. So, too, is her infant son.

Somewhere out there is a rapist who belongs in a cage. If there is a more venal crime than sexually assaulting a woman in a coma, it is hard to imagine.

It's also hard to imagine that the staff at Hacienda did not notice that the 29-year-old patient was pregnant. That negligence, however, not only has allowed a sick criminal to roam free — raising the possibility of more victims — but it also may have done irreparable harm to the victim's baby boy.

In the initial 911 call about the baby being born, we hear that the child is not breathing and that nurses are performing chest compressions and trying to revive him. Around four minutes into the call, the baby was resuscitated. Negligence created a second victim.

Those minutes of not breathing could result in trouble for the child later in life. So, too, might all the various medications the comatose woman may have been on.

AZFamily spoke to a doctor about that. He told the station, "Phenobarbital, 90 milligrams. Twice a day for seizures. That's a lot of phenobarbital. That would put most people to sleep most of the time."

He added that combined with other medications the comatose woman was on, there could be significant developmental problems for the child.

When asked to estimate the chances of such trouble the doctor said, "Eighty percent. That’s off the top of my head but I wouldn't lower it below that," adding that the problem would be "huge. Not just a problem, huge. And if this baby grows up just slightly delayed, that would be a miracle."

:|

14. Shane

Shane Current STAR Contributor

This is truly disgusting no doubt l.... But Shame on this family for keeping this girl in a vegetative state for this long... They are despicable as well..

15. Hollywood

Hollywood is part black.

Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    So....you want to kill her? I mean, if the feeding tube is the only thing (heart good, breathing good, ete) then wouldn't you just be murdering her?