Pokemon GO

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great America amusment park is apparently loaded with them but inside the park. They're apparently coming up with some sort of Pokemon special where you can get in for less than full price but can't go on the rides or something. I guess they make their money on the food and retail stuff so anything to get you inside.

We had a guy on Friday who brought his daughter into work and she promptly told me we have a Pokemon in our parking lot.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great America amusment park is apparently loaded with them but inside the park. They're apparently coming up with some sort of Pokemon special where you can get in for less than full price but can't go on the rides or something. I guess they make their money on the food and retail stuff so anything to get you inside.

We had a guy on Friday who brought his daughter into work and she promptly told me we have a Pokemon in our parking lot.
i think it is awesome even as a non player. When was the last time everyone did something? it seems everything is so diluted these days that there are no more stories of when every single kid in america was doing X like playing nintendo or watching ninja turtles or something. It is making community and community is good IMO.

I just wonder if itll last over a month.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I'll ask my 8 year old. He got one with in a hour of downloading the game.

My daughter told me that if you keep ignoring the first monster that pops up after you begin the game for the first time a Pikachu will pop up after 5 or so.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My daughter told me that if you keep ignoring the first monster that pops up after you begin the game for the first time a Pikachu will pop up after 5 or so.

I thought he said the same thing too.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
There were about 500 people at my neighborhood park. The look like "Walkers"

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nations of the World Confront the Pokémon Menace

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/nations-of-the-world-confront-the-pokémon-menace/ar-BBuzDTA?li=BBnb4R7

Pokémon Go, the wildly popular augmented-reality smartphone game expanded officially into 26 more countries this week, even as some security and religious authorities around the globe expressed alarm.

In Saudi Arabia, clerics renewed an existing fatwa against Pokémon, calling it “un-Islamic.”

Bosnia has warned players to avoid chasing the creatures onto land mines left over from the 1990s.

An Egyptian communications official said the game should be banned because sharing photos or videos of security sites could put the sites at risk.

Russian officials sounded similar warnings, saying that “the consequences would be irreversible” if Pokémon players continued unchecked.

The game is notable for causing people to range out into the world, walking into places where they might not normally have a reason to be, pointing their smartphone cameras at buildings and historical sites.

The game overlays a digital world of diverse creatures, PokéStops and other features on the real world. Players capture the many types of Pokémon and then use them to battle on teams for control of locations known as gyms.

“Pokémon can be found in every corner of the earth,” the app tells users when they download the game.

And that is precisely the problem.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nations of the World Confront the Pokémon Menace

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/nations-of-the-world-confront-the-pokémon-menace/ar-BBuzDTA?li=BBnb4R7

Pokémon Go, the wildly popular augmented-reality smartphone game expanded officially into 26 more countries this week, even as some security and religious authorities around the globe expressed alarm.

In Saudi Arabia, clerics renewed an existing fatwa against Pokémon, calling it “un-Islamic.”

Bosnia has warned players to avoid chasing the creatures onto land mines left over from the 1990s.

An Egyptian communications official said the game should be banned because sharing photos or videos of security sites could put the sites at risk.

Russian officials sounded similar warnings, saying that “the consequences would be irreversible” if Pokémon players continued unchecked.

The game is notable for causing people to range out into the world, walking into places where they might not normally have a reason to be, pointing their smartphone cameras at buildings and historical sites.

The game overlays a digital world of diverse creatures, PokéStops and other features on the real world. Players capture the many types of Pokémon and then use them to battle on teams for control of locations known as gyms.

“Pokémon can be found in every corner of the earth,” the app tells users when they download the game.

And that is precisely the problem.
lol

"un-islamic"

someone said to me yesterday "I cant believe they let this game be possible, people are driving playing it"

You cant make art illegal, stop being old and crotchety. This has created community and fun for millions of people and got them out of their damn living rooms. There isn't a sliver wrong with it.

No, people should not drive and play. They also shouldnt text, read, do makeup or have ******** driving but people do it all the time.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
lol

"un-islamic"

someone said to me yesterday "I cant believe they let this game be possible, people are driving playing it"

You cant make art illegal, stop being old and crotchety. This has created community and fun for millions of people and got them out of their damn living rooms. There isn't a sliver wrong with it.

No, people should not drive and play. They also shouldnt text, read, do makeup or have ******** driving but people do it all the time.
Or watch Harry Potter.

from phone

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
took the kids to an event at tempe beach park, hundreds of people there, food being cooked, people making bank selling water bottles, etc.

I guess our park by the house has a lure up occasionally that someone places there and they get all excited. Tempe beach park had 21 lures just in the main area. The kids loved it and I walked several miles around. Was cool, probably something I will try to find a weekly event to take them to and get out of the house.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a nice walking trail by our house that follows the Canal. I've been taking my son for walks and we hunt Pokémon. He has a blast and like BRR says it gets us out of the house. Can't wait for the weather to cool down some so we can do more walking and not die.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a nice walking trail by our house that follows the Canal. I've been taking my son for walks and we hunt Pokémon. He has a blast and like BRR says it gets us out of the house. Can't wait for the weather to cool down some so we can do more walking and not die.
I was just wondering last night while at the park if this will still be going strong come fall/winter

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
doesnt seem to be as big, I was at tempe beach park saturday and it looked normal.
crazy how the frenzy swept the nation, now it appears to be gone. I haven't heard anyone talking about it at all in the past month

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pokémon Go Players Are Preparing For Legendaries By Powering Up Golem

Legendaries are typically the most powerful monsters in the compendium, so getting one this weekend is likely going to be tough. Fortunately, players are already figuring out the most efficient counters to all the possibilities.

During the legendaries trailer, we can spot a handful of familiar faces: Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, Ho-oh, Lugia, and even Mewtwo. Technically, the second generation of legendaries should also include the likes of creatures like Suicune and Celebi, but they weren’t actually pictured in the footage at all. Judging by how heavily Pokémon Go has emphasized the birds already—they are, after all, the emblems for the different teams—and judging by the trailer itself, it seems like a pretty good bet that the first legendary is going to be a bird. Hell, we know that the birds are already in the game, they’re just not widely available yet.

It would follow, then, that you want a monster that can take down a legendary bird. For months now, players have theorized that one of the best possible match-ups is Golem. It’s a funny choice—Golem isn’t the first critter that comes to mind when you think of strong Pokémon, and he’s not exactly tearing up competitive Pokémonin the main games. Still, some of the most hardcore players out there are powering up Golems
http://kotaku.com/pokemon-go-players-are-preparing-for-legendaries-by-pow-1797126183

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pokémon GO Fest Plagued By Mile-Long Lines And Connectivity Issues In Chicago

It seemed unlikely that Niantic’s first major Pokémon GO event would go off without a hitch, and so far, it appears to be drowning in them.

Seemingly endless lines and connectivity issues are currently plaguing the event and the game. Called away by an unavoidable family vacation, I’m not actually at GO Fest which is taking place in my home city, but I bequeathed my hastily-purchased pass to my friend, Bret Fortuna, who is providing me with live updates from the ground. Our own Dave Thier is also there, and will be reporting in with his own account shortly.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insert...-connectivity-issues-in-chicago/#588ace055453

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here's When Moltres And Zapdos Are Coming To 'Pokémon GO' (And When Articuno Leaves)
Last weekend we finally got to catch Legendary Pokémon in Pokémon GO. No, it didn't happen it quite the way the developer had planned, coming as they did on the heels of the technical disaster that was Pokémon GO Fest, where trainers from around the world found themselves totally unable to play the game some had travelled thousands of miles for. But Lugia and Articuno arrived just the same, and players around the world got to catching them. Zapdos and Moltres, mascots from Team Instinct and Team Valor, respectively, will be arriving shortly thereafter.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidt...mon-go-and-when-articuno-leaves/#1c3c934a1e6b

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson