Point guard speculation article - Russell hope

1Sun

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So...Minnesota, in a smaller market and with just as much of a lack of talent as the Suns, trades for Jimmy Butler and then two years later goes full bore for Russell.

Meanwhile, the Suns set their sights on...Trevor Ariza and Cory Joseph.

Our problems in a nutshell.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
So...Minnesota, in a smaller market and with just as much of a lack of talent as the Suns, trades for Jimmy Butler and then two years later goes full bore for Russell.

Meanwhile, the Suns set their sights on...Trevor Ariza and Cory Joseph.

Our problems in a nutshell.
Damn this year's free agency already went down?...

I swear you guys have absolutely no patience. Can we at least see how the day shapes up after free agency is actually under way before we start acting like the sky is falling?

Who am I kidding this is a Suns fan site..

1Sun

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Damn this year's free agency already went down?...

I swear you guys have absolutely no patience. Can we at least see how the day shapes up after free agency is actually under way before we start acting like the sky is falling?

Who am I kidding this is a Suns fan site..

Two words: Draft day.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Two words: Draft day.
Draft day accomplished exactly what Jones said he wanted to do this off season and that was add more NBA talent to the roster. They traded 1 actual NBA player for 2 and then drafted 2 guys that are expected to be able to contribute early on. The draft was never going to be about getting a starting PG as our draft position made that very difficult to do. Free agency is different as there are some actual good PGs on the market.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There has to be something about Oubre soon.

I thought we would have something by now. If we do soon, nothing else of consequence is happening IMO. Not that it couldn’t but I have a feeling the Suns are going to roll with it. The longer it takes to hear something on him? Maybe that means they are still trying to figure out other moves?

1Sun

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Draft day accomplished exactly what Jones said he wanted to do this off season and that was add more NBA talent to the roster. They traded 1 actual NBA player for 2 and then drafted 2 guys that are expected to be able to contribute early on. The draft was never going to be about getting a starting PG as our draft position made that very difficult to do. Free agency is different as there are some actual good PGs on the market.

You honestly don't think draft day was mismanaged???