Point guard speculation article - Russell hope

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
This seems so wrong I can't believe it doesn't violate rules.
Not that I wish for DLo to fail, but I very much hope this blows up in the Warriors' face. Give away assets to bring him in and give him $29m a year only to find out they way overpaid and won't be able to get any value back in a trade.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not that I wish for DLo to fail, but I very much hope this blows up in the Warriors' face. Give away assets to bring him in and give him $29m a year only to find out they way overpaid and won't be able to get any value back in a trade.
Oh D-Lo is going to love tha Bay area. He does not even have to pay. All he has to do is go outside and take a deep breath. Even the fog is green there.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Oh D-Lo is going to love tha Bay area. He does not even have to pay. All he has to do is go outside and take a deep breath. Even the fog is green there.
Coming from Yuma, when I went there to visit, it just felt damp all the time. The air felt thick to breath. Hard to believe, but Northern Nevada is actually LESS humidity than AZ! That was like breathing knives when you first move there! LOL. That whole area, SF to Lake Tahoe, to Reno, has some dynamic changing scenery.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's definitely being rumored that they got him as a short term hedge with Klay out and then will trade him. one name already out there is Robert Covington, Minnesota wanted Russell before the Warriors trade, they have Covington. He's a 3 and D guy so Klay would move back to the 2 when healthy(hopefully) and Covington would be the 3.

From what the articles say the idea is the only way they were going to be able to sign a guy at that level in the near future was by doing this, sign and trade for Durant get a new guy to max and then either keep him or trade him down the line.

Also Draymond is again saying he's open to extending his deal now so their intention is still very much to keep the big 3 together. I'm sure if Russell plays well enough they might decide to keep him but I just don't see enough defense with him in there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose