Please Bidwill - Insist on an OC!!!

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That last part for sure. I watched a video from ESPN that I hadn't seen before where Orlovsky shows the 2nd down slide by Kyler against Philly and then you can see Kliff saying clock it and then after it happens you can see Kliff turn to the guy next to him and say "what down is it?" So any question on whose fault that was is gone.

Orlovsky also pointed out earlier in that drive we completed the ball to hollywood for a first down, got up to the line and used 10-11 seconds and then clocked the ball. "If you're going to clock it don't waste that much time but if you are at all prepared and practicing this stuff you have 2 plays called so you get up to the line and run that play you don't have to clock it." He basically said either Murray forgot the play and clocked it or Kliff had him clock it because he didn't have the play ready and based on the look on Kliff's face it appeared obvious it was Kliff.
KK was lost for sure on that series

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
A five year paycheck is A LOT of leverage against Bidwill. "Fire me? No prob. Heres my account info. Direct Deposit, please." We're (the fans) just foyally freacking effed here...
Then you fire him. I doubt it comes to that. He's young and not showing well and won't get another NFL gig if he goes down that path. Were he an older, veteran coach, I might consider he'd go that route, but not at this point. And, if he is that guy, you want rid of him anyway.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
A possible Monday Morning at Cardinals facility:

Michael is counting cash. Keim, in the same room, is laughing so hard reading ASFN posts along with Michael, that donut crumbs from his mouth fall all over Michael's office. Michael looks to Keim and says "You, You, How many times have I told you....but that post was funny....these idiots want wins.."... Keim continues laughing and chewing while reaching for his Irish coffee on the table with one hand while the other tries to get Donut crumbs off his coat. Kliff in the corner of the office looks clueless whether to talk or laugh like he looks on NFL field.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
To have someone to mentor. To have someone to run practices so he can move from group to group. Another trusted voice in the meeting room.
So we expect Kliff to do all that in addition to HC and other OC duties.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Jets have a “situational football/game management coordinator", Dan Shamash.

Meet ‘Smash,’ the unsung Jets coach making a big difference for Robert Saleh
Shamash’s job title is “situational football/game management coordinator,” but his responsibilities go beyond that. He helps to coach the tight ends, educates everyone on league rules and regulations and is a big part of the Jets’ movement toward utilizing analytics.

He sits next to LaFleur on Sundays, and is in Saleh’s ear all game, preparing him for every possible scenario — and what the math (or the analytics) says is the right thing to do in any given situation. Shamash uses a “four-down analytics model” that takes into account factors like weather and injuries. “You’re going off that to a certain degree,” he said, “and there’s also a feel.” The model is put together by the rest of the analytics staff, which includes Brian Shields, Zach Stuart and Jeremiah Whitmire.

Every Friday, Shamash leads a five-minute team meeting educating everyone on league trends, rules and other things to keep an eye on. He’s normally soft-spoken and a self-described introvert, but his energy changes when he’s standing in front of the team, his deep voice booming across the room. That comes from his passion for teaching.

Wouldn't fix all the issues, but it could help with a glaring one.

...dave

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
That last part for sure. I watched a video from ESPN that I hadn't seen before where Orlovsky shows the 2nd down slide by Kyler against Philly and then you can see Kliff saying clock it and then after it happens you can see Kliff turn to the guy next to him and say "what down is it?" So any question on whose fault that was is gone.

Orlovsky also pointed out earlier in that drive we completed the ball to hollywood for a first down, got up to the line and used 10-11 seconds and then clocked the ball. "If you're going to clock it don't waste that much time but if you are at all prepared and practicing this stuff you have 2 plays called so you get up to the line and run that play you don't have to clock it." He basically said either Murray forgot the play and clocked it or Kliff had him clock it because he didn't have the play ready and based on the look on Kliff's face it appeared obvious it was Kliff.
Can someone please pin the video Russ is referencing for the weird Kliff-sexuals that remain out there?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone please pin the video Russ is referencing for the weird Kliff-sexuals that remain out there?

It's on youtube and for some reason the video is tilted off angle like 45 degrees which is annoying but you can still see it. But it's from ESPN.

To be fair, Orlovsky clearly thinks Kliff is horrible he has been saying so for awhile now but he was saying last week if not for the extension I don't know how you don't fire a coach for somethign like that he had his QB clock the ball because he didn't know it was 3rd down and then after he realized that he turned and asked someone else what down it was. He should have asked that BEFORE telling Murray to clock it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's on youtube and for some reason the video is tilted off angle like 45 degrees which is annoying but you can still see it. But it's from ESPN.

To be fair, Orlovsky clearly thinks Kliff is horrible he has been saying so for awhile now but he was saying last week if not for the extension I don't know how you don't fire a coach for somethign like that he had his QB clock the ball because he didn't know it was 3rd down and then after he realized that he turned and asked someone else what down it was. He should have asked that BEFORE telling Murray to clock it.
Kliff goes from La-di-da to deer in headlights to full blown panic mode in warp speed.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Brian Daboll has an OC then Kliff needs (needed) one.
He does. Ken Dorsey. I'd take him as our HC right now. Dude has fire. He was so damn mad on MNF a few weeks back, he went ballistic in the coaches booth on a play that wasn't ran right. That's what we need, anyone other than coach bro.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He does. Ken Dorsey. I'd take him as our HC right now. Dude has fire. He was so damn mad on MNF a few weeks back, he went ballistic in the coaches booth on a play that wasn't ran right. That's what we need, anyone other than coach bro.
Daboll is the NYG HC, Mike Kafka is the OC. McDermott is the Bills HC, Dorsey OC.

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Last year when Kliff couldn't coach because of covid, the person that filled in did a good job calling plays.
That is exactly what I was thinking. Was that the Cleveland game? The game doesn't seem to have slowed down for KK. Maybe after this weeks game they can have him take over.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose