Playoffs?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Basically, root against the Lions, Bears, Falcons, Seahags and Cowgirls and hope we win out

Right now, we have a 10.4% chance according to some odds making sites

Last edited:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot

Basically, root against the Lions, Bears, Falcons, and Cowgirls and hope we win out

Right now, we have a 9% chance according to some odds making sites

Not Cowgirls.

TJ

Reaction score
Not Cowgirls.

Yes. Now that the Giants won, it puts them in great position to win the NFC east. We own the tie breaker against Dallas.

I guess you can add the giants but they'd have to lose out and they own the tie breaker. If they win one more game, we can't supplant them

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. Now that the Giants won, it puts them in great position to win the NFC east. We own the tie breaker against Dallas.

I guess you can add the giants but they'd have to lose out and they own the tie breaker. If they win one more game, we can't supplant them

Add Giants? Cards want NYG to win division and beat Dal final week

TJ

Reaction score
Add Giants? Cards want NYG to win division and beat Dal final week

Contingency plan in case the tables turn.

It's easier just to hope for the NYG to win the division and Dallas collapses like they usually do.

All the Cards can do is keep winning ball games. We don't play anymore legit playoff contenders the rest of the way, so take that fwiw

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Probably already mentioned. We win out. Lions, Bears, Falcons. Giants and Cowpukes lose their remaining games.

My prediction we finish 9-7 but lose out on the wild cards to Falcons and Lions. Both their wins yesterday hurt our chances.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably already mentioned. We win out. Lions, Bears, Falcons. Giants and Cowpukes lose their remaining games.

My prediction we finish 9-7 but lose out on the wild cards to Falcons and Lions. Both their wins yesterday hurt our chances.

Yeah, it was so close to being a brilliant day to get us firmly back in the race. With those two narrowly avoiding upsets, it keeps our chances in the long shot category.

Let's not forget why we need help though. Washington --- Giants --- Ravens, blowing all three of those games was brutal. Even just one going our way would've been huge.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way the Cards make the playoffs this year.

It would take an act of Tebow for us to make it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Basically, you want a lot of teams to finish 9-7 (but not the Giants now that the Cowboys won). I believe that the Cards have a better conference record than most.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple weird scenarios including a week 17 loss to Seattle and still get in...

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

If we win out Lions only need to lose 2 of the next 3, @ Oak, SD, @ GB- very, very possible. Atl is almost a lock for the other wild card, Chi is done, need NYG to win the East and we get in by running the table.

That being said, we need to live by Madjack's banner from yesterday "One Game At A Time"

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
Our best bet is to win-out and go 9-7, the Lions go 9-7 with at least a loss to GBP, the Bears lose to either GBP or MIN, Atlanta beats JAC, and the NFC East twins don't both go 9-6-1 with a tie in the finale. Our head-to-head loss to the Giants won't hurt us unless we are the only two 9-7 wild-card contenders left fighting for the final spot. A three-way or four-way tie would exclude head-to-head as no one would've swept or have been swept, then going to conference record where we are already guaranteed a better record than NYG. The loser of the DAL-NYG game would be no better than 9-7 and we would be OK in almost all scenarios, regardless of who loses.

Note: The Bears would beat us in conference record at 9-7. Our only saving grace would be if Detroit also finishes EXACTLY at 9-7 with a loss to GBP. Then, if one of the Bears' losses is to either GBP or MIN, Detroit would clinch the higher spot in the NFC North based on common-games, and the Bears don't even get to the cross-divisional tie-breaker stage. We would beat the Lions' weaker conference record.

Another note: If Atlanta goes 9-7 but loses to JAC, we would have the same conference record, but they would beat us in common-games. Throw in another team with an equal conference record (DAL, or DET should they beat GBP), then it comes down to strength-of-victory. The Lions would also beat us one-on-one in common-games should it come to that step (if they beat GBP to match our conference record).

To survive into week 16, all we need is any ONE of the following:
a) ARI over CLE
OR b) DET loses to OAK
OR c) both CHI/ATL lose

We can still get in at 8-8, though very unlikely.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
If we win out Lions only need to lose 2 of the next 3, @ Oak, SD, @ GB- very, very possible. Atl is almost a lock for the other wild card, Chi is done, need NYG to win the East and we get in by running the table.

That being said, we need to live by Madjack's banner from yesterday "One Game At A Time"

I guess I don't see it as very very possible. I see them definitely winning at Oakland and they get SD at home. I would favor them to win at home against SD. May be a high scoring affair but Rivers has been turning it over quite a bit this year and I think Detroit takes advantage of that to win this game too. At best I would say its a 40% chance Detroit loses two games out of three.

wilycoyote24

All Star
Reaction score
I guess I don't see it as very very possible. I see them definitely winning at Oakland and they get SD at home. I would favor them to win at home against SD. May be a high scoring affair but Rivers has been turning it over quite a bit this year and I think Detroit takes advantage of that to win this game too. At best I would say its a 40% chance Detroit loses two games out of three.

I refuse to speculate on our playoff chances. We just need to win.

However, I think the Lions go 0-3 or 1-2 at best with that schedule.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave