Playoffs: Suns @ Nuggets Saturday game thread 4-29-2023- Game 1

AzCardsfan76

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nugs in four…..

Just a pathetic showing.

Out coached and out played.

I’d love to see Ayton benched to start game 2. Unfortunately his ego is too fragile and he’d completely collapse as opposed to overcoming adversity, he’s a bum.

Monty is completely clueless and lost.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
My strong feeling is that much of Ayton's problems have to do with too much mary j. I am only speculating, mind you, but he sure shows the signs with the way he wanders the court almost mindlessly sometimes and the oh so sloooow reactions to stuff.

I have to wonder if he has performance anxiety before games and that's how he chooses to deal with it. I expect we may discover as much some day after the Suns move on from him.
Ayton ain't no pothead - maybe in the off-season who knows - but don't be blaming his game on the sweet mary jane - she's innocent in all this - and besides - once you build a tolerance - the sticky icky can improve one's performance - muscle memory on autopilot - everything's smoother - more natural - and you can see things developing - almost before they happen - because you have super ganja powers - Booker maybe - KD definitely - why do you think they drink so much Gatorade

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
My strong feeling is that much of Ayton's problems have to do with too much mary j. I am only speculating, mind you, but he sure shows the signs with the way he wanders the court almost mindlessly sometimes and the oh so sloooow reactions to stuff.

I have to wonder if he has performance anxiety before games and that's how he chooses to deal with it. I expect we may discover as much some day after the Suns move on from him.
There are a lot of things that you can point to with respect to Ayton’s play, but to accuse him of using drugs before a game is downright stupid.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton ain't no pothead - maybe in the off-season who knows - but don't be blaming his game on the sweet mary jane - she's innocent in all this - and besides - once you build a tolerance - the sticky icky can improve one's performance - muscle memory on autopilot - everything's smoother - more natural - and you can see things developing - almost before they happen - because you have super ganja powers - Booker maybe - KD definitely - why do you think they drink so much Gatorade

Every person I’ve know that smokes weed has been utterly slow mentally.

I think ayton uses during the season.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
There are a lot of things that you can point to with respect to Ayton’s play, but to accuse him of using drugs before a game is downright stupid.
Right, it's not like he's ever been caught for illicit substance use before. Try again.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pothead u say? Id have a cave full of 420 happy flower with ayton soft rebounding worthless effort paycheck he doesnt honor:(

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

I don’t smoke anymore, but some of my most intense anxiety attacks have come when I was high. For some, it has a paradoxical effect and not a calming one.

If you’re interested in my clinical opinion, I think he has untreated ADHD.

I just got licensed in AZ last October. If the Suns wanted me to work with the players, I’d do it for free

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It’s funny because Booker literally did the same thing in the 4th that led to a Jamal Murray three and I’ve seen very little chatter about that.
Ayton provides substantially less positive value to winning than Booker. A bad play from Ayton nullifies a much larger proportion of his positive value. This principle determines how much "leash" someone gets in many facets of life.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Right and it wasn’t recreational drugs. Try again
It was a diuretic, clearly taken to mask use of something else. Whether the something else was PE or recreational drugs, we'll never know. But the trends in his play since then certainly don't indicate that he was likely to be overindulging in "performance enhancing" substances.

And since the league is no longer testing for marijuana as a banned substance, it's highly likely (in fact, widely acknowledged) that many players use it. Why is it so unbelievable that Ayton does too? And further, that it could be impacting his play in a negative manner that's pretty consistent with what we have all seen from him?

Of course, I am only speculating... as I said prior. But there are clearly issues with him and the team beyond what has been fully made public.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not to change the subject or anything, but could someone check my math? I show our bench outscoring Denver's 24-23 in game 1.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Every person I’ve know that smokes weed has been utterly slow mentally.

I think ayton uses during the season.
Yeah I know a few pot heads, and weed is the only thing in life that matters to them... they are also not good at their jobs

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
I don’t smoke anymore, but some of my most intense anxiety attacks have come when I was high. For some, it has a paradoxical effect and not a calming one.

If you’re interested in my clinical opinion, I think he has untreated ADHD.

I just got licensed in AZ last October. If the Suns wanted me to work with the players, I’d do it for free
He plays with anxiety, he panics when he get the ball down low and whats pathetic is when its someone 6" shorter than him and instead of dunking it he either kicks it out or does that pathetic fade away

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
It was a diuretic, clearly taken to mask use of something else. Whether the something else was PE or recreational drugs, we'll never know. But the trends in his play since then certainly don't indicate that he was likely to be overindulging in "performance enhancing" substances.

And since the league is no longer testing for marijuana as a banned substance, it's highly likely (in fact, widely acknowledged) that many players use it. Why is it so unbelievable that Ayton does too? And further, that it could be impacting his play in a negative manner that's pretty consistent with what we have all seen from him?

Of course, I am only speculating... as I said prior. But there are clearly issues with him and the team beyond what has been fully made public.
it wasn't PEDs im sure, have you ever watched the videos of the team working out or pregame? Book takes it seriously, DA is dancing and goofing off - he is a worthless check cashing clown. Just as i suspected, he got worse after getting paid

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It’s pretty simple really. They have organized sets that feature their best players. And they run them over and over again until the other team stops it.
Correct. They are a well constructed team. But more than that, Malone (of whom I’m not really a fan) designed an offense that generates good open looks around the particular talents of his team. Last night we couldn’t figure out how to defend it. Murray also lights up when he sees suns uniforms. If you can figure out how to stop their flow Malone usually doesn’t have a counter other than relying on jokic to be otherworldly. Malone is a coach in the Monty vein.

We seem to just play my turn, your turn iso ball with book and KD because Monty sucks as a game time coach. Oh, and Monty supporter has to stand up for shamet. You can’t support Monty without addressing shamet.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You kind of missed the point. Go back and read the gameday threads and you'll see that there was a frequent complaint about Monty's offense, that all we did was jack up threes. Now the complaint is that Monty's offense is all about us shooting from midrange. Anyway, we used to shoot a lot more 3's until the 4th quarter and now we shoot a lot of 2's. It isn't Monty's offense, it's CP3 and the mix of talent we have.
You’re kinda right. It’s not that Monty’s offense was all about 3s. It was more when we went into funks for prolonged runs it was a brickfest from 3. And we would keep shooting them rather than go to the post. Monty wouldn’t disrupt the 3 point shooting binge that was harming the suns. But his offense has never been about the 3 being maximized.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I like Ayton. I really do. But this can has been kicked down the road for five years. Either him and the team agree to what his role is or he gets traded. And he has not responded to this in the most mature manner.
He sucked ass last night. Started hot scoring but that was it. Sucked in every other facet.