Playoffs: Nuggets @ Suns Sunday game thread 5-7-2023 - Game 4

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Mat Ishbia is being the good guy. Now we need the commissioner to be the bad guy.
I hope this is some reverse psychology ploy, but I have to imagine that this nixed any small chance of Jokic being suspended

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope this is some reverse psychology ploy, but I have to imagine that this nixed any small chance of Jokic being suspended

To be honest, I don't think Jokic will be suspended but the way David Stern enforced NBA rules he should.

Still a thin line for Adam Silver to tread.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@TJ

Too bad, Adrian Wojnarowski retweeted Mat Ishbia's comments. His tweets carry a lot of weight in the NBA.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@TJ

Too bad, Adrian Wojnarowski retweeted Mat Ishbia's comments. His tweets carry a lot of weight in the NBA.
I doubt either plays a role in this decision, owner or journalist. But if I were Silver, I'd say there must be consequences and either let Jokic pay a 5 million dollar fine to an NBA charity or take the game off. Or maybe tell Denver they can forfeit 3 future second round picks or suspend Jokic for the next game. And maybe whack his ****** too.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt either plays a role in this decision, owner or journalist. But if I were Silver, I'd say there must be consequences and either let Jokic pay a 5 million dollar fine to an NBA charity or take the game off. Or maybe tell Denver they can forfeit 3 future second round picks or suspend Jokic for the next game. And maybe whack his ****** too.
And now we know, p e e p e e is a banned word. Go figure. How is a poster supposed to quote Cheech and Chong around this joint?

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The whole incident is weird. Why Jokic reacted reaching for the ball like that in the first place? Why Isiah Thomas is sitting with Ishbia and why he grabbed Jokic's jersey. Ishbia has his hand on Jokic's hip pretty much the same time Jokic pushed him back but that was likely just because he didn't want to get knocked back as Jokic was pulling for the ball.

I hope they don't suspend him because it would ruin the series, but there's definitely contact so if they follow the letter of the rule maybe they will.

Ishbia is friends with Thomas and even has Thomas on the board of his mortgage company.

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
All the talking heads in national media are coming to Joker's defense. No suspension coming. I can't believe the idiotic takes I'm hearing from the national media.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jokic will be suspended next season, for about 3 games. Just my speculation.

But he has no right to throw a forearm at anyone: player, ref, fan, staff, owner; at all, when the play is dead.

And when he entered the seating area, that is on him and only him approaching everyone in that area aggressively. 99% of other players yell at the ref to get the ball, so they can inbound quickly. I dont think i've ever seen a player rush up to a crowd like and then try to rip the ball from them, all while another player is right there trying to get back into the play themselves.

He could have shoved IT and would be happy at that.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jokic said he was trying to get the ball so they could throw it in and get a 5 on 4, but that does not make sense. The ref has to touch the ball and give it to him in that situation. I doubt the ref is going to deliver the ball with a player in somebody's lap. BTW. I have no doubt that Jokic was telling the truth, that is exactly what it looks like he is doing. But its not a made basket. There has to be a break in play.

I am not sure I want Jokic suspended though. It was wrong when they did it to Amare and Diaw, and it would be overkill now, I think. A large fine. Also, teams have an odd way of stepping up when they are missing a player. The Suns seem to have a formula for beating the Nuggets now. Make Jokic work hard for his point, but do not let him get the rest of the team involved.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jokic said he was trying to get the ball so they could throw it in and get a 5 on 4, but that does not make sense. The ref has to touch the ball and give it to him in that situation. I doubt the ref is going to deliver the ball with a player in somebody's lap. BTW. I have no doubt that Jokic was telling the truth, that is exactly what it looks like he is doing. But its not a made basket. There has to be a break in play.

I am not sure I want Jokic suspended though. It was wrong when they did it to Amare and Diaw, and it would be overkill now, I think. A large fine. Also, teams have an odd way of stepping up when they are missing a player. The Suns seem to have a formula for beating the Nuggets now. Make Jokic work hard for his point, but do not let him get the rest of the team involved.

Just came here to post that exact thing. it's not after a made basket so he can't inbound it without the ref touching it.

Pokinmik

Rookie
Reaction score
Yea joker 100 percent caused the entire thing. It was a dead ball and the ref was definitely going to let Okogie get up and has to check for substitutions and then hand a nugget player the ball in the correct spot. Joker should have been nowhere near the play. If it was a made basket on the other hand I’d agree with joker.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regarding why Joker called the owner a fan, the refs did too, they literally announced he'd made contact with a fan and that's why he got a T. I don't think lots of people recognize Ishbia yet.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't care what Eminem thinks on anything in the world, why should I care what he thinks of an incident in sports?
Like Dave Chappelle said "why do I care what JaRule has to say at time like this. I'm scared as heck I don't feel like dancing"

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But it’s the right statement from an owner. Particularly for something in which he was involved.
This is a shrewd PR move. New owner doesn't want to be the story knowing the history with Sarver. If Joker is suspended that's exactly what would happen. No matter what, he can say I never called for it and didn't want it.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Walked into the kitchen this morning. Wife was making her lunch. I poured myself an iced espresso and grabbed 3 chocolate covered Ding Dongs

She looks over at my Ding Dongs and said "seriously?" as she went to throw away a empty ham container

So I jumped in front of her and D'd that ass up. She said "seriously?" again - but then she actually tried to get a shot off

I swatted that empty ham container clear into the dining room

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose