Playoffs: Nuggets @ Suns Sunday game thread 5-7-2023 - Game 4

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not optimistic about winning game 4. Not going to win many playoff games with only 2 players scoring idouble points. Ayton is really hurting us with his horrible play. Jokic can dominant Sunday's game. Hope I'm wrong but I see this series just lasting 5 games now.
I will take ''em however I can get 'em. TJ Warren maybe gets some burn.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty talks about Chris Paul.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The problem is that the Suns really don't have a quality PG to take Pauls' place.

I'm in the minority but I think Payne is a decent starter. His stats back that up. He's now 3-0 in the postseason as a starter also. We don't need a star, we just need a solid contributor and he's done that. Hopefully he stays healthy and finds his shot.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wonder how long CP3 will be out. I have a feeling he’ll be ruled out for game 5 as well.

Pure speculation on my end, but I bet it’s closer to two weeks then one week.

They may be forced to try and win this series without him. If we can get by Denver I hope GS & LA goes 7 games so that we have as many days as possible to get him back out there.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder how long CP3 will be out. I have a feeling he’ll be ruled out for game 5 as well.

They may be forced to try and win this series without him. If we can get by Denver I hope GS & LA goes 7 games so that we have as many days as possible to get him back out there.

I think it depends on if we win tomorrow. If we win, he sits game 5, and if we lose, he plays.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I hope we keep the pace up Jokic aint built for it even though he can beat Ayton down court
Ayton started the game running up and down the court trying to outplay Jokic. He didn't keep that up. This is a weapon for Ayton. He can out run most centers. He needs to get in shape to do this for 48 minutes.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm in the minority but I think Payne is a decent starter. His stats back that up. He's now 3-0 in the postseason as a starter also. We don't need a star, we just need a solid contributor and he's done that. Hopefully he stays healthy and finds his shot.
He moves the ball up the court fast. That's what we need.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It's a one game season. All that matters is the next game. When you are down 2-1 you do not think that far ahead.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not optimistic about winning game 4. Not going to win many playoff games with only 2 players scoring idouble points. Ayton is really hurting us with his horrible play. Jokic can dominant Sunday's game. Hope I'm wrong but I see this series just lasting 5 games now.
Is this a serious take? Ayton was hot garbage with 4 points and we still won. Durant shot terrible again but we still won? And for some reason you think we don’t have a chance? Racy Murray and Joker had hood games and we still won with some of our guys playing terrible not sure where you get all this doom and gloom..

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is this a serious take? Ayton was hot garbage with 4 points and we still won. Durant shot terrible again but we still won? And for some reason you think we don’t have a chance? Racy Murray and Joker had hood games and we still won with some of our guys playing terrible not sure where you get all this doom and gloom..

We're all Arizona sports fans, you should know why we're all doomy and gloomy.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And after a Sunday win your guess would be, 6 games now?

hopefully, Denver is wearing down:) but I doubt it…

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will be there tomorrow.

It might be recency bias, but this feels like the biggest game I've attended yet. If we pull this one out, I like our chances to advance all the way to the finals, and I like our odds in the finals against anyone but Boston.

It probably feels bigger because this is the first playoff game I will have attended where the Suns are behind the 8 ball. I've seen the Suns lose a couple playoff games but never when they were behind. I've typically been in attendance when the Suns win a game and make the entire fan base cocky... like game 5 against Dallas and game 2 against Milwaukee.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now,,,, we are talking about 'practice'... :bigyawn:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I miss AI. I wish he became an analyst after his playing days were over but that would really go against who he is/was. Although I never thought Barkley would be such a great TV personality/analyst.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope you are right and will be happy to eat crow being wrong.