Playoffs: Clippers @ Suns Sunday game thread 4-16-2023 - Game 1

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jones was trying not to include mikal and crowder in the deal, ishiba overruled him.

I don’t blame him.
James was trying not to include him but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t willing to part with him. Rumor has it the only that stopped the deal the first time around was all the picks. We probably will never know.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No. Warren is not on the injury report.
The bench is not going to do much scoring. The whole idea of keeping either book or KD on the floor is for them to score or get guys open shots.

Defense is what we primarily need from the bench.

to me cp3‘s misses from midrange are what cost us the game, and not getting Durant enough shots.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Where was TJ in all of this? Arguably our best scorer off the bench and he doesn’t play 1 sec in a game where the bench had 10 points. That combo Monty threw out after we took the lead was just freaking awful.
I think we got down so many that he tried to play “defenders” (and i use that word laughingly) instead of offensive players to claw back. without the threat of Warren and/or Ross I think our offense gets junky.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s unreal that he would depend on Shamet and someone that has had spotty minutes at best over Warren. I just don’t get what Monty was doing.
Shamet was ok. Would have been nice if he made the couple jumpers he took, but he did score a couple times on the break and played good D.

I mean I would probably play warren over ish, but I don’t think that is a big deal really for as few minutes as we are talking about.

looking at the box score, what beat us is not taking enough 3’s.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not buying this.
Yeah I don’t think Wainwright can guard Kawhi. We’ve gotta try to be physical without fouling and don’t overhelp and leave shooters open.

But we’ve gotta mix it up especially when he gets his 3 ball going. Kawhi has the flattest shot ever but that thing goes in lol. Gotta give him credit.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
In regards to the role players:

Not sure how anyone could’ve watched TJ Warren this year and think he’d give us positive minutes in the playoffs.

As much as I hate Ross b/c of his ineptitude on defense I think he could have a role in this series considering the Clippers aren’t very creative or versatile offensively.

Okogie not getting an opportunity to guard Kawhi was malfeasance. Dude is physical and we got out-physical’d.

We have no other option that Shamet and Biyombo/Jock getting minutes here and there. Can’t believe I’m saying this but I miss Cam Payne.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The sky is falling!!

It is because we lost home court. Also we just ran our guys with tons of minutes. We waisted Craig’s performance, he probably won’t have another outing as such. We didn’t even try Okogie as our 5th or 6th man. TJ and Ross didn’t even play when they were our biggest bench contributors.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Kawhi is basically a herky/jerky version of late 90’s MJ. He’s got no weaknesses. Had he been durable for most of his career he’s probably a top-15 player all time. I think peak Kawhi is right there or better than Kobe was.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I only watched about a couple of minutes, but it seems like Monty got too creative with his lineups and got punished as a result. Not starting Okogie when it’s worked with the other 4 guys was stupid. Durant’s usage down the stretch was silly as well. Ayton couldn’t rebound either when they were there. Genuinely curious to see what they do with him this offseason. Get him a coach who can work with him on his overall game, or trade him. Book was careless with fouls. I’m irritated, but not ready to panic….yet.

Guess if we played worth a damn in the first, we win in a squeaker.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The Clippers are not a legit team. They have been below .500 since PG13 went out. And when we lose, they’ll prob get run out of the next round same way Dallas did last year.
The Clippers got 26 rebounds from their Center position, versus our 12. Paul, who again showed his age shooting, was actually our leading rebounder!
We don’t have any legit answer for Kawhi. Nor Zubac for that matter.
And the Clipper’s bench is far more capable and seasoned than ours.
KD only playing 8 games in a Suns uniform is an issue. And Ayton’s complete disappearing act is of course, a massive problem.

Barkley picked the Clippers in this series for a reason. They are indeed a legit team. Or, better said perhaps - the Clippers are a legit threat to the Suns and maybe even a better “team,” than the Suns.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Suns fans BE BETTER

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Clippers got 26 rebounds from their Center position, versus our 12. Paul, who again showed his age shooting, was actually our leading rebounder!
We don’t have any legit answer for Kawhi. Nor Zubac for that matter.
And the Clipper’s bench is far more capable and seasoned than ours.
KD only playing 8 games in a Suns uniform is an issue. And Ayton’s complete disappearing act is of course, a massive problem.

Barkley picked the Clippers in this series for a reason. They are indeed a legit team. Or, better said perhaps - the Clippers are a legit threat to the Suns and maybe even a better “team,” than the Suns.

Ayton 18/8 +13
Zubac 12/15 -11

Disappearing act though. Not Ayton’s best but he damn sure didn’t disappear

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Maybe we should be playing 5 out?

I'd rather learn a lesson in a win but I still think we take this series.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns starters won the battle but damn the bench took a flame thrower to this damn game

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bench is not going to do much scoring. The whole idea of keeping either book or KD on the floor is for them to score or get guys open shots.

Defense is what we primarily need from the bench.

to me cp3‘s misses from midrange are what cost us the game, and not getting Durant enough shots.

The Clippers had Terance Mann, Robert Covington, Mason Plumlee and Bones Hyland coming off the bench.

A bench helps to rest players and compensate for a starter having an off night. The Suns don't have this.

The Suns had Shamet, Ross, Wainright, Biz, Landale, and Okogie coming off the bench.

What NBA coach would be happy with this bench?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose