Playoff Picture 2021

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
Bucs definitely have the easiest schedule left. They essentially only have one remaining game they could lose (Bills).

And so far their schedule has been a cake walk. They’ve played two quality opponents and split them (Dallas & Rams)

15-2 is very realistic for them.

So to lock up the #1 seed I think the Cards are legitimately going to have to go at least 15-2 and hope we have tiebreakers over Tampa.
Of course upsets do happen. However, if the Bucs’ only remaining loss is to Buffalo, the bad news is that at 15-2, one of our losses would have to be against the Colts (our only remaining AFC game) to have any chance of winning the tie-breaker against Tampa Bay. Otherwise, our presumed two losses would both be in the NFC, dooming us in the conference-games tie-breaker.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
My only thoughts involve if going undefeated, would we be considered the best team of all time? I truly believe, if so, we would have bragging rights forever.

I know, long way to go yet. But taking it one game at a time, it isn't totally out of the question.

The Cards are favored in each particular game the rest of the regular season. And if you hurry and bet $100 on them going undefeated, you will win $6500, according to the current odds. But that will go down considerably with each win. Even if you only bet $10, at those odds today you would win $650.

I don't know who is offering those odds, for I just read it in a current article which stated that it was posted in the last 24 hours.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Well it’s still win our division first, obstacles are things you see when you take your eye off the goal. Already pretty tested this year, can we maintain it? I think so, acutually think we can win with colt if Kyler goes down, team is better rounded overall. But the run stats are a lot of clean up, need some more smash mouth early for amy other an.

Reaction score
How crazy is this? I don't know whether this is unique or I just haven't paid attention before due to our record not being this good since 1974.

You must be registered for see images attach

And at this juncture, not a single AFC team with less than 2 losses!

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Of course upsets do happen. However, if the Bucs’ only remaining loss is to Buffalo, the bad news is that at 15-2, one of our losses would have to be against the Colts (our only remaining AFC game) to have any chance of winning the tie-breaker against Tampa Bay. Otherwise, our presumed two losses would both be in the NFC, dooming us in the conference-games tie-breaker.
Yeah I’m not exactly sure how it works. But I think before conference games the tiebreaker comes down to your record vs common opponents. Since they lost to the Rams and we beat the Rams, that definitely gives us a leg up at the moment.

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah I’m not exactly sure how it works. But I think before conference games the tiebreaker comes down to your record vs common opponents. Since they lost to the Rams and we beat the Rams, that definitely gives us a leg up at the moment.
Record against common opponents comes before conference record in tie-breakers only when breaking ties between teams within the same division. When breaking ties between teams from different divisions, conference record comes before common games.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Latest. Surprised to see the Patriots, Steelers snd Falcons in there.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would not worry about Panthers right now. Got Bills, Bucs x 2 & Saints to end season

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we win our next two, not only are we in the playoffs, but we clinch the division with a Rams and San Francisco lose in there as well..

Last edited:

Zalixar

Veteran
Reaction score
If we win our next two, not only are we in the playoffs, but we clinch the division.

We have 6 games left and a 2 game lead in the division. Winning those two would give us at least a 3 game lead over the Rams, plus the tie breaker for sweeping them. There is also a way we clinch a playoff stop next week.

We probably can only afford a loss to the Colts, if at all, if we want that #1 seed or 2).