Playoff Bold Predictions

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
if we play the Spurs, Pop will win 2 games by out-strategizing Monty
(imo, the Spurs are least likely to win a series with us, but one of the most likely not to be swept)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even this morning I was listening to National Radio and they were talking about the freaking LAKERS and Lebron. My gosh. The team is done and out. STOP.
NBA Radio is still talking Lakers.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If you're a neutral, doesn't it make sense to have some kind of obsession with Lebron and the Lakers? Especially only a few days after the season ends?

What will be interesting will be if they are still having that conversation after Sunday.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When Brony James enters the NBA I understand Lebron will accept less money to play with his son. :cool:

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
the Suns will lose more games than last year in a run to the Finals

i believe the Suns are better than last year but being favorites is a load, a few teams have improved, and winning the conference with only 4 losses was a rarity (so it's not really a bold prediction)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can’t get enough of the Laker talk this year lol.
Well you'll be glad to know that one of the reporters at CBS Sports indicated that the Pacers might be interested in trading Brogdon and Hield for Westbrook. That will give the talking heads all they need to jump back on the Lakers-will-win-it-all bandwagon.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well you'll be glad to know that one of the reporters at CBS Sports indicated that the Pacers might be interested in trading Brogdon and Hield for Westbrook. That will give the talking heads all they need to jump back on the Lakers-will-win-it-all bandwagon.
Give that guy a lobotomy.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It makes sense for the Pacers as a salary dump. Westbrook has a player option and is expiring.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It makes sense for the Pacers as a salary dump. Westbrook has a player option and is expiring.

He can't be traded unless he opts into his final year. So I don't see that happening. Pacer fans would riot. They have a good team on paper right now and Westbrook is the last guy that you'd want around Halliburton if he's supposed to be a franchise player of sorts.

It makes no sense for Indiana.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He can't be traded unless he opts into his final year. So I don't see that happening. Pacer fans would riot. They have a good team on paper right now and Westbrook is the last guy that you'd want around Halliburton if he's supposed to be a franchise player of sorts.

They'd want no part of Westbrook, it would just be his contract they'd trade for and a buyout would likely occur. But my question is why in the world would the Pacers not trade their pair elsewhere (separately) for actual value? I read the trade scenario on CBS but I know Shams suggested it on the Athletic too. But despite multiple "suggesters" I have to agree with you that's it's highly unlikely.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Pacers apparently want to get rid of Brogdon which is why this came up in the first place.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I can't see Westbrook giving up $47 million so yes he opts into the final year of his contract but this allows the Pacers to dump longer contracts in Brogdon and Hield.

The trade would be a matter of giving the Pacers long term financial flexibility. Also the Pacers might be able buy out Westbrook or trade him at the trade deadline which would include a player they want to keep.

Personally I think there are much better deals to be made for the Pacers.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has the value on Brogdon and Hield dropped that much?
And that's the question. I think it has on Hield, I was surprised to read that they were interested in moving Brogdon but I don't pay much attention to that team.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And that's the question. I think it has on Hield, I was surprised to read that they were interested in moving Brogdon but I don't pay much attention to that team.

In the point guard hungry NBA I think there should be a market for Brogdon.

If the Suns didn't have point Chris Paul I'd be all all over that. Brogdon and Booker could have made a nice backcourt.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the point guard hungry NBA I think there should be a market for Brogdon.

If the Suns didn't have point Chris Paul I'd be all all over that. Brogdon and Booker could have made a nice backcourt.
I'm sure there is but his contact is sure to scare some away. He's paid like an elite player but he's really not at that level and he misses a lot of games. I've never been a fan of his but I know a lot of people are so I have to believe someone would show interest even at the overpay.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure there is but his contact is sure to scare some away. He's paid like an elite player but he's really not at that level and he misses a lot of games. I've never been a fan of his but I know a lot of people are so I have to believe someone would show interest even at the overpay.

I haven't watched Brogdon a lot but I don't think his salary is outrageous for the position.

I thought I had an idea of the trade value of players until the Trail Blazers gave CJ McCollum and other good players away.
Now I don't know. Maybe the market is that low for him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't watched Brogdon a lot but I don't think his salary is outrageous for the position.

I thought I had an idea of the trade value of players until the Trail Blazers gave CJ McCollum and other good players away.
Now I don't know. Maybe the market is that low for him.
It isn't. His salary is just a little high for his on court performance IMO but his contract is a different story - when you factor in his frequent absences, it wouldn't be a stretch to call his contract outrageous.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It isn't. His salary is just a little high for his on court performance IMO but his contract is a different story - when you factor in his frequent absences, it wouldn't be a stretch to call his contract outrageous.

Last season was a 72 NBA game schedule and some view the Pacers as tanking this season but it doesn't take away from the argument of the number of games missed.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The full deal was Westbrook and two first-rounders, then they buyout or cut Westbrook.

This would be an even better idea for the Pacers with two first round picks included.

Lebron is not going to play forever and Anthony Davis has injury issues.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
BOLD Predictions! Not Mikals gonna wear blue shoes.

Like THIS!
The Phoenix Suns WILL go UNDEFEATED in the playoffs.
Kendal Jenner will see me in the stands and leave Booker for me, I'll of course eventually dump her for Halley Berry.
LeBron will be seen in the Suns locker room after we win crying and begging Monte to hire Lesbron and LesBron Jr.
And Patrick Beverly will be eaten by a rabid python.

Last edited: