Players You Think Won't Be Back

Players Not Coming Back (Pick Top 4)

• Total voters

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious what the community thinks in terms of player who you think won't be back. It doesn't matter why (trade, cut, don't resign) but just your general feelings. Pick your Top 4.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Hard to say. I think guys with one-year contracts like Holliday, Payton and McGee wont be back. Depends on Ayton, who I think is gone, and what a S&T will look like

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd add Gabriel Lundberg who is presently on a two-way contract.

I think he will be back next season if he shows anything. It could be a minimum type contract or a two-way contract.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think Payton, Holiday and McGee will be back. A lot depends on trades and sign and trades.

I think the Suns will look at Kaminsky if healthy. He is a chemistry player and the Suns needed a bunch of that in the playoffs.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think Payton, Holiday and McGee will be back. A lot depends on trades and sign and trades.

I think the Suns will look at Kaminsky if healthy. He is a chemistry player and the Suns needed a bunch of that in the playoffs.
Who is your 4th?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I said Shamet, Payton, Saric, and Ayton reluctantly.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said Ayton because I think the Suns have just been showing signs. I picked Payne, Cam J and Shamet because I think the Suns are going to trade for more shooting. Payne isn't getting it done, Shamet was a failure and Cam J has value. I think one if not 3 of those players are part of a combo package trade at some point.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like Ayton is running away with it so far.

Azjose86

Veteran
Reaction score
Ayton to me. Although has been very serviceable and has had his moments. Just leaves more to be desired. The guy could be dominating and he just plays too soft. I think he would be be paired with a true enforcing center and not expect him to be that guy.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We can address a need or two by trading Ayton, either adding a more legit PF or PGOTF, and then sign stop gap Centers to provide close to what Ayton provided at a fraction of the cost.

I'm not sure how to get all that done, that's for James Jones to figure out. I think that is the easiest and most cost effective way of preparing for another run.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A lot of votes for Payne and he just resigned? Are you all wanting him gone or saying we trade him?

Payton should be a given but hard to say with Monty’s input.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
CP13 Will definitely be back unless he's part of a larger trade. He definitely struggled at the end of the season and in the playoffs, but I'd say since last year he's been one of the best backup point guards in the league. I wish holiday was coming back but I doubt there's a chance of that.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I voted for Booker just because I don't want him getting to big for his britches.
And I knew you guys wouldn't.