Players You Hope/Think Will Be Arizona's 1st Round Pick

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope we don't draft a defensive player in the first round. I don't want to see Vance Joseph waste yet another first round pick. :rolleyes:

I'm kind of hoping that that we draft a non-slot wide receiver in the 1st round. :)

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope we don't draft a defensive player in the first round. I don't want to see Vance Joseph waste yet another first round pick. :rolleyes:

I'm kind of hoping that that we draft a non-slot wide receiver in the 1st round. :)
I agree. I want speed on the first two rounds and a one trick pony edge rusher in the 3rd.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No one can predict how the draft will play out, but my guess is that if we do pick at 23, our choice will be Karlaftis, Zion Johnson, or whatever top WR is left. Some on this board don’t like Karlaftis, but his motor is non-stop & he does tackle people. Zion is going to be a very good Olineman for years to come. And I’d be happy with many of the WR’s that will still be there at 23. All this being said, I wouldn’t be surprised if we trade down.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is the least excited I’ve ever been for a draft. Ever. And I LOVE the draft. Have almost always watched the entire thing. In college I would be parked in front of the tv writing it all down. For the days of the draft my fraternity brothers would come in and out to get updates on the drafts of their favorite teams. LOVED THE DRAFT. This year I’m a whole bunch of meh.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This is the least excited I’ve ever been for a draft. Ever. And I LOVE the draft. Have almost always watched the entire thing. In college I would be parked in front of the tv writing it all down. For the days of the draft my fraternity brothers would come in and out to get updates on the drafts of their favorite teams. LOVED THE DRAFT. This year I’m a whole bunch of meh.
yep...I used to have to get up at 5am on saturday and sunday to watch the draft. It was like watching C Span,...dull,lol... just a huge room with a folding table for every team, phone lines all over the floor...
the camera would zoom in with anticipation as the phone rang for the team that was up... then the fat guy would write something on a piece of paper...hand it to the other guy....and he would hurry up front to submit the pick.
like you, I used to keep a note pad with every pick.... and then compare them to the picks I had made. The note pad helped me to keep track of which teams made the right picks and which teams screwed up their draft.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
With the 23rd pick of the 2022 NFL Draft the Arizona Cardinals select yet another inside linebacker

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope someone like Jermaine Johnson, Chris Olave or Trent McDuffie falls and we snatch them up.

As far as what I think will happen, I have this nagging feeling that we will trade back (maybe to Chiefs at 29) and take George Pickens.

I'd be perfectly fine with that move.

Chiefs certainly going to be trading picks and moving around, the only question is when. They have 12 picks and don't need 12 rookies.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I want Williams, Olave or Dotson, but I think the first 2 will be long gone by 23. I also like Zion Johnson or Kenyon Green, despite their questionable positional value in the first, but I don't see Keim going in that direction.

Part of me believes Keim will just go with the best pass rushers on the board, but ultimately I think the pick will be McDuffie, even if we have to move up for him. He just seems like a quintessential Keim pick.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still watch the entire draft

Old school all the way

This year the team has really deflated a lot of us here

Keim needs to knock this out of the park, but with his track record that's a long stretch

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m always excited for the draft overall. Still am, but the excitement for ours has gone down a lot considering it’ll most like amount to a bad pick.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s going to be Jahan Dotson & there’s going to be built-in excuses as to why he won’t succeed in the league.

“Something something about Kliff’s scheme & something something about Kyler not seeing him.”