Players Win Championships, So trying to be Objective ....

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I do not think it's a stretch to say we have the best OL in the division. I am not saying we have a great OL by any stretch of the imagination either but in the division, we are better off
If Hernandez somehow rounds into pro bowl/all-pro form I will agree no pun intended

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
when you got two future hall of famers and a top 15 pick in front of him...WR4 is pretty damned good.

AJ Green is not going to sniff the Hall of Fame. He is a not even close to the conversation.

Edited for color.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our problem isn't top end talent, we have quite a bit of that.

However, our corners might be the worst in the league, our front 7 is really shaky, our running back situation is a bunch of bruisers, only one of which has proven anything.

And that is the starters...

Behind those guys is the shallowest bench in the NFL.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AJ Brown is not going to sniff the Hall of Fame. He is a not even close to the conversation.
AJ Green?
AJ Brown is not going to sniff the Hall of Fame. He is a not even close to the conversation.
At this point it’s questionable for Hopkins he needs to have another 4 years IMO of really good football…

Their stats are damn near identical but AJ Greens YPC is quite a bit higher over a full yard.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
AJ Green?

At this point it’s questionable for Hopkins he needs to have another 4 years IMO of really good football…

Their stats are damn near identical but AJ Greens YPC is quite a bit higher over a full yard.
Whoops... I was thinking of the right AJ, just had the color wrong.

But yes, AJ Green will not sniff the hall of fame.

Never led the league in any stat, zero All-Pro team selections. There are a lot of guys with far better careers that have not been selected. He is going to need a monster late career resurgence to have any shot... which I would be totally on board with.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
AJ Green is not going to sniff the Hall of Fame. He is a not even close to the conversation.

Edited for color.
probably not

but he has a thousand yards more than Hop, 7 more TD.s and a full yard more on career average catch..

so if Hop is ever in the discussion, then so is Green

2 more years

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
probably not

but he has a thousand yards more than Hop, 7 more TD.s and a full yard more on career average catch..

so if Hop is ever in the discussion, then so is Green

2 more years

He's also 4 years older than Hopkins. But more importantly, Hopkins is a 3 time, 1st team All-Pro, that is rare company. Hopkins would have to drop off pretty sharply to not make the Hall, but he will be viewed with a harsher eye coming off this suspension. He needs just a couple more good, not great seasons and I think Hopkins is a lock.

I wouldn't have such a strong opinion on this if I hadn't talked over HOF credentials surrounding different positions with some friends a few months back. The Hall is not as easy to get into as I used to believe and there are guys with better careers than Green that not only didn't make it, but didn't even get serious consideration.

To make the HOF you need to have some monster individual statistical seasons, or been consistently very good over a long career, or have been a part of some huge, memorable moments... along with also being pretty dang good outside of that.

Someone like say... Fitz, checks every single one of those boxes. Hopkins checks the the first and he might check the second if he keeps it up and, hopefully he will check the 3rd in the next few years.

Poor Green checks none. He had a good start to his career but went off a cliff just before hitting 30.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our problem isn't top end talent, we have quite a bit of that.

However, our corners might be the worst in the league, our front 7 is really shaky, our running back situation is a bunch of bruisers, only one of which has proven anything.

And that is the starters...

Behind those guys is the shallowest bench in the NFL.
Depends how you view top end talent. Especially compared to everyone in the division.

Budda is really the only guy you can say is better at his position than every other safety in the division, including Jamaal Adams. Hudson to a smaller degree because every other center in the division isn’t noteworthy, but Hudson showed to be in a decline last season.

You can’t say that for Kyler cause Stafford.
You can’t say that for Hopkins cause Kupp & Deebo.
You can’t say that for Ertz cause Kittle.
You can’t say that for Watt cause Donald & Bosa.

Our top end talent isn’t all that….top end.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Depends how you view top end talent. Especially compared to everyone in the division.

Budda is really the only guy you can say is better at his position than every other safety in the division, including Jamaal Adams. Hudson to a smaller degree because every other center in the division isn’t noteworthy, but Hudson showed to be in a decline last season.

You can’t say that for Kyler cause Stafford.
You can’t say that for Hopkins cause Kupp & Deebo.
You can’t say that for Ertz cause Kittle.
You can’t say that for Watt cause Donald & Bosa.

Our top end talent isn’t all that….top end.
But some of those are really close. What it means is that we are pretty closely bunched with the rams and niners in terms of top end talent. Though this fails to take into consideration we don’t have anyone close to Ramsey or Trent Williams who are the other top tier guys in the division. And we have budda, but I still have a difficult time placing him the tier of all those guys.

So rams have 4
Niners have 4
Cards have 4

But cards and rams have it at QB which is a big differentiator. But cards also counting a VERY old and broken watt to be one of those guys.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
But some of those are really close. What it means is that we are pretty closely bunched with the rams and niners in terms of top end talent. Though this fails to take into consideration we don’t have anyone close to Ramsey or Trent Williams who are the other top tier guys in the division. And we have budda, but I still have a difficult time placing him the tier of all those guys.

So rams have 4
Niners have 4
Cards have 4

But cards and rams have it at QB which is a big differentiator. But cards also counting a VERY old and broken watt to be one of those guys.
Budda Baker
Jalen Thompson
Justin Pugh
Rodney Hudson
Kelvin Beachum

I do agree that our "best in division" players do not seem to have the differential impact that other do. Kupp, Kittle, Ramsey, Bosa, Donald, Trent Williams, and Warner.

Also should be noted that the gap between Kupp, Metcalf, Deebo and Hopkins is not a huge one unless Hopkins falls off of a cliff.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Budda Baker
Jalen Thompson
Justin Pugh
Rodney Hudson
Kelvin Beachum

I do agree that our "best in division" players do not seem to have the differential impact that other do. Kupp, Kittle, Ramsey, Bosa, Donald, Trent Williams, and Warner.

Also should be noted that the gap between Kupp, Metcalf, Deebo and Hopkins is not a huge one unless Hopkins falls off of a cliff.
I don’t put the guys you listed as “top” players. In the division, possibly. In the entire nfl?

Budda Baker - DONT THINK HE’S AT LEVEL OTHER GUYS LISTED ARE, BUT HE’S CLOSEST
Jalen Thompson - LOVE HIM, BUT NOT SURE HE’S THAT LEVEL . . . YET
Justin Pugh - NO
Rodney Hudson - NO LONGER
Kelvin Beachum - NEVER WAS