Pistons @ Suns

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Clark will be fine... Man people around here have the quickest bust-trigger of all time.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
Tucker sucks. What a waste of a draft pick.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Suns were in control the entire game. Much more efficient game than the last three

cly2tw

Reaction score
Very good game by Frye. I guess Gentry adjusted after the loss to NO, where Frye's shooting was one important factor. He played him less parked outside 3pt line to ease off the burden on Frye, and Frye functioned well on offense nonetheless. Frye does have a game more than just shooting 3s. With Amare and Nash drawing attention, he has enough space to operate and get his niches here and there, including occational 3pt shots as in this game. Thumbs up to Gentry for the fine tune.

asudevil83

Reaction score
find it odd that ESPN's box score as every sun + and every piston - in the +/- category.

didnt watch the game, but it looks like a great win for the team.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
isnt it crazy to watch gentry actually adapt the team rather than keep pounding away and expecting a different result like someone else used to?

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score
It was a great game to watch, notable production from every single player.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dragic leading the fastbreak completely ignoring Nash! Success! He is so fast.

I don't think Dragic ignored Nash. He just had full full control of the fast break and realized it. It was nice to see his display of confidence. In the past Dragic would be looking to defer to another player. He really played great last night.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Very good game by Frye. I guess Gentry adjusted after the loss to NO, where Frye's shooting was one important factor. He played him less parked outside 3pt line to ease off the burden on Frye, and Frye functioned well on offense nonetheless. Frye does have a game more than just shooting 3s. With Amare and Nash drawing attention, he has enough space to operate and get his niches here and there, including occational 3pt shots as in this game. Thumbs up to Gentry for the fine tune.

You think D'Antoni would have fixed that? I'm impressed by Alvin. Frye was killing us in a few games with his 3 point shooting. Frye looked like the pressure of being a go to scorer in games with 3 pointers got to him. He is what he is, a guy who can shoot well but not on every possession. I'm glad that adjustment was made, and it remains to be seen if that helps our game get better. Dragic is awesome!

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Pringles is teaching his team to shoot at the opponents' basket/

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was at the game. I am surprised how empty the stadium was. I mean in years past this team is sold out especially against a game like the Pistons. Having said that my family had a blast. Good game. The Suns seemed to have an answer for every run the Pistons went on.

cly2tw

Reaction score
You think D'Antoni would have fixed that? I'm impressed by Alvin. Frye was killing us in a few games with his 3 point shooting. Frye looked like the pressure of being a go to scorer in games with 3 pointers got to him. He is what he is, a guy who can shoot well but not on every possession. I'm glad that adjustment was made, and it remains to be seen if that helps our game get better. Dragic is awesome!

Exactly what I was saying. :)
I was concerned first at Gentry publicly yelling at Frye to shoot it and criticized him for passing shots up, which apparently put loads of pressure on the latter. That was a dilemma from freeying the way for Nash dribble as much as possible, so that aside from Amare, all 3 others were to park at 3pt line, and let the defense dictate who they wanted to shoot the 3 after collaps on Amare/Nash 3 on 2. This way, the team becomes predictable and, despite good stats, players actually are not put into full use of their basketball talent. Frye can also drive on slower center or take to low post the smaller mismatches, or hit some midrange jumper. Amare has been creating a lot of good chances for himself and teammates with his one-on-one moves, etc. I'm realy glad that Gentry would adjust to find a balance that optimally uses the whole team's talent, instead of making it sole responsibility for Nash.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was at the game. I am surprised how empty the stadium was. I mean in years past this team is sold out especially against a game like the Pistons. Having said that my family had a blast. Good game. The Suns seemed to have an answer for every run the Pistons went on.

Similiar happening seen on this forum. In recent years past, there would be 15 pages of comments on a game thread, especially Pistons v. Suns. This game. . . 3. Guess we know who the die-hards are. Soon as people start thinking we have a winner in town again, they'll be back.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Similiar happening seen on this forum. In recent years past, there would be 15 pages of comments on a game thread, especially Pistons v. Suns. This game. . . 3. Guess we know who the die-hards are. Soon as people start thinking we have a winner in town again, they'll be back.

If you have been here for years, how come you only registered last year?

Why don't I post more? It's a time thing for me. I used to have more time to read forums and post comments. I seem to be working 4-5 different positions at my job, which leaves little time. I mostly come in and read comments and leave.

If the Suns are still playing this well in February, look the hell out! Everyone will be back (coincidentally, the Cardinals season will be over at that time as well)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave