Pistons @ Suns Thursday game thread 12-2-2021

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Was really hoping the bench could keep Detroit at bay and get the starters an early night with GSW waiting tomorrow but that was too much to ask I guess. Not thrilled with 41 mins from Bridges but at least everyone else was under 35. Spot minutes from Ish Wainright was unexpected, and those Payton minutes make me cringe hard.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ayton 3/7 from the line. Unacceptable
He finally gets to the line a respectable amount of times and can’t hit the broadside of the barn. Not a hood second half for him after a great first half.

Same with Payne. Could do no wrong first half, outta control second half.

Opposite for shamet. Looked like he didn’t know how to play basketball for much of the game but came through at the end.

Nice game by cam Johnson. He’s had a nice string lately. Hope he can keep this up. Nice game picking up scoring die Bridges too.

Good close by Paul, but not so great early.

This is a team they should’ve wrecked and gotten Paul some rest with book out. Was a shame they couldn’t close them out earlier.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
18 straight wins

Play the Warriors tomorrow on a back to back with no Booker and if we lose all we are gonna hear is I TOLD YOU SO by the media. No credit at all
Actually all I’ve been reading and hearing yesterday and today is how the suns are the best team in the nba.

Gotta lose the inferiority complex guys.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah it will take a miracle to win tomorrow, but sometimes this team can surprise you.
I actually think tomorrow curry gets his but we limit the rest of the warriors damage and walk away winners.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He just has to stop taking so many off balance threes. When he is on balance he makes them at a very high clip.
Yup. He has pretty poor shot selection. If he was more judicious about the types of 3s he shoots he’d be a much better player.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cam Payne is playing with a huge amount of confidence. He might be the second best pg we have had since Nash.

Maybe that's an overstatement, but I am not sure it is. I think he is right there with Dragic, Bledsoe and Rubio. He is so fast and such a good finisher at the rim.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually all I’ve been reading and hearing yesterday and today is how the suns are the best team in the nba.

Gotta lose the inferiority complex guys.

You must not have watched Steven A and Keyshawn dog is out or Skip and Shannon. Steven was just a clown. Like them or not those are the two biggest sports shows in the country

Colin Cowherd came and said we should dominate the NBA for the next 5 years.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You must not have watched Steven A and Keyshawn dog is out or Skip and Shannon. Steven was just a clown. Like them or not those are the two biggest sports shows in the country

Colin Cowherd came and said we should dominate the NBA for the next 5 years.
You must not have watched them yesterday bc Jason Williams called him on it and he fesses up and admits the best team at present. He also got beat up by EVERYONE ELSE on tge network all day yesterday.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cam Payne is playing with a huge amount of confidence. He might be the second best pg we have had since Nash.

Maybe that's an overstatement, but I am not sure it is. I think he is right there with Dragic, Bledsoe and Rubio. He is so fast and such a good finisher at the rim.

His speed is Barbosaesque.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NEXT MILE STONE IS 33 TO TIE THE LAKERS

Somewhere I read Monty say 50. Of course he was probably teaching a lesson about the importance of winning now. Monty is a one game at a time type coach. I've tried to find it but haven't thus far. I think it was contained in a tweet.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
You must not have watched them yesterday bc Jason Williams called him on it and he fesses up and admits the best team at present. He also got beat up by EVERYONE ELSE on tge network all day yesterday.
I saw one video where Stephen A basically contradicted himself. He said we were the best team in the league, but immediately followed it up with that it was going to change after the game on Friday. I mean if you think that do you really believe the Suns are the best?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great 18 gm w streak by suns good w vs pistons!! Fun season see how it ends in poffs....

Gj on num 18 suns :) what is nba rec for most wins?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
24. That's what the Warriors did in 15-16. That is the next goal.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
24. That's what the Warriors did in 15-16. That is the next goal.
I don't need us to set any more records this year, I'd be thrilled if we just tied our 18 game winning streak 4 more times.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't need us to set any more records this year, I'd be thrilled if we just tied our 18 game winning streak 4 more times.

As long as the 18 game winning streak stretches through the end of the Finals.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as the 18 game winning streak stretches through the end of the Finals.
If I did the math right, it's win 18 and lose 1 followed by 18 and 1 followed by 18 and 1 and capped off by an 18 game winning streak that includes 16 postseason games. It seems doable to me but I'm delusional.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I did the math right, it's win 18 and lose 1 followed by 18 and 1 followed by 18 and 1 and capped off by an 18 game winning streak that includes 16 postseason games. It seems doable to me but I'm delusional.

I actually started to do the math (as I thought you might do it) and decided let's just win out through the Finals on that last winning streak.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose