Pistons @ Suns 3-21-19

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pistons visit the Suns on Thursday for a 7 p.m. Arizona time game. It will be televised on FSAZ.

The Suns (17-55) are coming off a lackluster 116-101 loss to the Bulls at home on Monday while the Pistons (36-34) lost to the Cavaliers 126-119 on the road.

The Pistons who are ranked 6th in the Eastern Conference have more on the line.

Only ten games left in the season for the Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who would have thought. The Suns are playing better than the Lakers right now.

Evan Sidery‏ @esidery
54m54 minutes ago

The Suns are 6-7 since ending their 17-game losing streak on Feb. 25 in Miami. Over that same span, the Lakers are 2-10.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holmes is questionable for the Pistons game. Johnson, Oubre and Warren are all out.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I've suffered through every damn loss this season. All I want to do is see some good basketball the last few games, and that's not happening without Oubre and Johnson.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the cynical side of me wonders if we're shutting Oubre down to limit his exposure for FA since he started just ripping it once put into the starting lineup.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the cynical side of me wonders if we're shutting Oubre down to limit his exposure for FA since he started just ripping it once put into the starting lineup.

This could be part of it but unfortunately I think the word is already out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this point I think the Suns are looking to keep everyone healthy as they play out the season.

Warren did say he wanted to return this season so we shall see.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why would Oubre go along with that?
He might go along with not playing with a nagging injury though--something that might make him look like he is coming back down to earth. There could be a mutual benefit. I can see the Suns tanking from here out.

Might as well--its Zion after all.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
If they are shutting him and others down, agreements are already in place. Oubre knows what he is going to get, and I assume Igor knows whether or not he is coming back.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If they are shutting him and others down, agreements are already in place. Oubre knows what he is going to get, and I assume Igor knows whether or not he is coming back.
That's nice in principal, but I'm sorry, I find it hard to believe an RFA has already agreed, even unofficially, of resigning before he's even given the possibility of an offer from another team.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He might go along with not playing with a nagging injury though--something that might make him look like he is coming back down to earth. There could be a mutual benefit. I can see the Suns tanking from here out.

Might as well--its Zion after all.

What benefit? The Suns are already cemented into a bottom 3 spot for the best possible lottery odds.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At this point I think the Suns are looking to keep everyone healthy as they play out the season.

Warren did say he wanted to return this season so we shall see.

He has a clause in his contract is he attempts 5 more 3s he gets a 100k

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has a clause in his contract is he attempts 5 more 3s he gets a 100k

In any regard Warren has already had his chance to return this season. I don't see him returning unless the Suns want to showcase him before the off season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've been wondering if the Suns can extend Oubre now... before free agency. I'm not sure if it benefits either party but if the Suns got the right deal, it might be worthwhile.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What are the odds Ayton turtles up to the bigger, stronger Drummond?

You know, I decided to watch some old Hakeem videos yesterday.

I am seeing Ayton incorporating some of Hakeems moves - and I heard him say he was watching his tape. Those two spin moves he used a couple games back were totally Hakeem moves. Can't wait to see if he can add some of the drop step stuff next.

I think that is a more likely comparison than Drummond.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've been wondering if the Suns can extend Oubre now... before free agency. I'm not sure if it benefits either party but if the Suns got the right deal, it might be worthwhile.

I'm sure they could - but it would most likely not be in Oubre's best interest. Then again, the market could be softer than either party realizes.

I heard Gambo ask some NBA writer today what he thought Oubre would get as an offer and he said 10 million. I mean I would offer that to him now - but I would fear I would insult him.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We don't even have a GM/President of Basketball Ops yet. It's too early for that much to be clear. I can see telling someone that Igor is our coach next year but saying our cap space is spent on Oubre and Igor is our coach really takes away a lot of decisions. Of course if James Jones is promoted then it won't matter but I doubt that happens.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure they could - but it would most likely not be in Oubre's best interest. Then again, the market could be softer than either party realizes.

I heard Gambo ask some NBA writer today what he thought Oubre would get as an offer and he said 10 million. I mean I would offer that to him now - but I would fear I would insult him.

I think talking to his agent to see what he wants does no harm. Maybe they have a figure in mind. They may not want to go through free agency either. If it's more than the Suns want to pay, let free agency determine his value. As long as the Suns do not get rigid in negotiations I think they will be fine.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You know, I decided to watch some old Hakeem videos yesterday.

I am seeing Ayton incorporating some of Hakeems moves - and I heard him say he was watching his tape. Those two spin moves he used a couple games back were totally Hakeem moves. Can't wait to see if he can add some of the drop step stuff next.

I think that is a more likely comparison than Drummond.

I was referring to his propensity to get bullied by bigger, stronger dudes.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I think talking to his agent to see what he wants does no harm. Maybe they have a figure in mind. They may not want to go through free agency either. If it's more than the Suns want to pay, let free agency determine his value. As long as the Suns do not get rigid in negotiations I think they will be fine.

Agreed.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson