Pick Your Poison

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
imo: its to the Cards advantage for the cap to be $175

they are a competitive team with cap space, and hence an attractive destination where a guy can get $ and a chance to win (vs teams like the Jets, Jax, etc that have tons of space)

meanwhile, the Rams are $26mm over,
the Seahawks have $6mm in space but have no CBs under contract and have to give Jamaal Adams a contract,
SF has $13mm in space, but also has key guys like Trent Williams and all their starting CBs as UFA

outside the division, the Saints are $99mm (!!!) over and Packers are $28 over.

big reset coming this offseason

Good points - but I'd still prefer the flexibility of a higher cap, internal contract adjustments, etc. before free agency.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
FSU was so bad he was hard to read. That’s what I mean about this year. He looked better previously but it must have been brutal to play for FSU this year. I don’t see him round 1. I’d like him a bunch if he fell to 3 but that’s unlikely. Tough call; there are things about him to like.
He seems like a guy we would have to take in round 2. Newsome II out of Northwestern is a guy I am interested to see more of. Can't place him yet, seems like a round 2 or 3 guy but not sure which.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I debated that one in my mind. He had some great games and others in which he made no impact. Also the caps are going down, plus this is an excellent edge draft. If he signs a one year deal and puts up a big year his dollars could get much bigger than I think will be out there this year. You’re right that Spotrac has him quite a bit higher. Of course they have Golden at $13 and I think that’s crazy. This is a weird edge market. Only time will tell.
The depth of the market at that spot and the depth in the draft along with the decrease in cap will hit that second group pretty hard IMO. I think Reddick gets more that his career production says he should but less than what some on this board think. Golden has never been valued by the rest of the league it seems and so 5 or 6 seems right for him and could actually be high. We like older and slower guys on defense so he would fit right in.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm really not sold on any of the CB's in this class. They all give me the heebie jeebies.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We have to draft a cb. Even if we keep Peterson, look what’s behind him. We can’t keep plugging in 35 year old guys at that position. Please don’t even mention the name Alford.

if i could trade CJ with a deal that could be defined as overcompensation I’d consider that.

I like the idea of Connor but money will be scarce and I’d rather draft one but Not a seventh round project.

I’m betting we don’t see much change in the Wr room. We will be told Our new “ super coach” will get drastic improvements from Kirk and Issabella. Somewhere we have to fine a #2 Wr.

Slan, you got me thinking. When is the last time we developed a young corner worth anything? I believe the jury is still out on Murph, but you're right. That other spot has been filled with retreads and cast-off with our fingers crossed to mixed results. PP and that's it!

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
CBs (with elite speed)

OLs (with elite size, strength and brains.

Level-B Running Backs

If we can strengthen those 3 areas and keep the guys we've got, we don't need that much more to be a playoff team.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
With only 5 draft picks, positions that require multiple players would make sense to target in free agency. Unless they keep Peterson, CB will be one such position. One thing I like to target is players coming off injuries that are not likely permanently debilitating. Shaquill Griffin fought nagging injuries all season. He had several outstanding games and shows the skills needed to take a major step forward. I also like the idea of weakening a team you’ll play twice. He timed 4.38 at the Combine, so he has #1 CB speed. Sign him.

I was thinking the exact same thing!

I love Griffin from his UCF days. It kills me that he is on the Seahawks, and I would love to have him join the Cards for all of the same reasons.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr