Pick me a Premier League club to follow

Which Premier League club should I become a fan of?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe for the 49ers as both Manchester United & Chelsea have a legit title shot this year

I think the Cowboys are a fairly good example though ... money club, very identifiable organizational face, fancy new stadium, players that disapoint the expectations of their fanbase, competative but no one really thinks they are a true title contender despite the real glory years getting smaller in the rear view mirror each season (although Arsenal is closer to thier championship years)

Even lessor members of "the big four" as based on current competativeness can't get away with saying that they aren't the same as the popular "glory" clubs in other organizations

Nothing to be insecure about .... but very much the truth
Last time Cowboys finished top 4? :) Kidding.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
He is just kidding, Admiral and Lord Chapperton. He gave me the same razz when I gave up on Sundy because Arsenal was a funner team to follow. Seemed like NO ONE ever mentioned Sundy in podcasts or when reviewing EPL news. That and Sundy seemed to ALWAYS lose in dramatic fashion like the Cardinals.

Indeed I was.

When I chose the cards as my team 30 odd years as a shorter trousered English scholar I had nothing as fancy as a message board to help me. 'They play in red, they are the team for me'. Hell I could have wound up a Niners or KC just as easy but so pleased I didn't. My blood is Sunerland and Cardinal red and I wouldn't swap that for the world. As it pans out, yes the Cards are very Sunderland like. That's why I love em.

So you gooners fans enjoy it, just don't ditch em if the going gets tough. Don't get blasé about winning either seeing as you have picked winner in terms of the last 20 odd years and many long spells prior.

You have however missed the chance to support the most wonderful club in the country. ;) It's a love supreme.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Indeed I was.

When I chose the cards as my team 30 odd years as a shorter trousered English scholar I had nothing as fancy as a message board to help me. 'They play in red, they are the team for me'. Hell I could have wound up a Niners or KC just as easy but so pleased I didn't. My blood is Sunerland and Cardinal red and I wouldn't swap that for the world. As it pans out, yes the Cards are very Sunderland like. That's why I love em.

So you gooners fans enjoy it, just don't ditch em if the going gets tough. Don't get blasé about winning either seeing as you have picked winner in terms of the last 20 odd years and many long spells prior.

You have however missed the chance to support the most wonderful club in the country. ;) It's a love supreme.
I started following Arsenal just after they let Cesc and Nasri go and then lost 8-2 or something. Then they let Van Persie go, and I still like them. :)

OP
OP
Gaddabout

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glory hunter :D

...you know you have just picked the Cowboys or Niners in NFL terms. Tsk.

Ha! It was sort of by design. I'm like Mulli -- one of the deciding factors was coverage. Also, there's a very larger Gooner fanbase in the states, and there's a local chapter here that actually has a pub that lets them gather during the non-drinking game hours. I thought that was amazing. Been interacting with them on Facebook. They get all my Dr. Who references. (Confession: That might have been what put me over the top for Arsenal).

Just wanted to experience the the joys and pains of being part of the group, I think.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
Ha! It was sort of by design. I'm like Mulli -- one of the deciding factors was coverage. Also, there's a very larger Gooner fanbase in the states, and there's a local chapter here that actually has a pub that lets them gather during the non-drinking game hours. I thought that was amazing. Been interacting with them on Facebook. They get all my Dr. Who references. (Confession: That might have been what put me over the top for Arsenal).

Just wanted to experience the the joys and pains of being part of the group, I think.

Sounds good mate, like I say stick with it.

Oh and don't come crying when Jozy rips your lot a new one :lol: