Pick 16

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This is from the Alabama web site
Height 6-4 · Weight 350

The following article is from two years ago. Seems his struggle with weight is ongoing and he hasn't been able to control it yet.
https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.co...laying-time-alabama-offensive-line/630654002/
I don't know the history of players with weight issue in the NFL (linemen specifically) but I would think it would work itself as the player gets older and develops a more professional mindset.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I don't know the history of players with weight issue in the NFL (linemen specifically) but I would think it would work itself as the player gets older and develops a more professional mindset.

As a GM I would have some concerns about it and would be checking into it. He may need to slide over to guard in the NFL since that doesn't have the same demands as a tackle with regards to space. I think a team would be taking somewhat of a risk drafting him to play tackle if the weight problem continues. Maybe a team could be of the opinion that they can help him with it and may even write something into his contract.

Twist18

Registered
Reaction score
Lets just pick C Creed Humphrey from OK and the position is set fir 10 years plus he knows Kyler well. Fix CB in FA. Jmho

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Twist18

Registered
Reaction score
Who in FA are you targeting?
Just looking at the current group of FA CBS I would be apt to go after Hill from the Rams even though most of his success is in the slot. I think a lot of cap casualties will be out there this summer.

I like Humphrey cause as a longtime Cards fan, other than Tom Banks, I can t name a difference maker at C in our recent past.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Someone asked and my hope is Farley or Surtain at 16. Personally..... I can’t see that happening. I do think one of Waddle, Smith, Chase, or Pitts may fall to 16 though. Especially if the QBs go.

in the end though...... I think we get a player who may be considered underwhelming. I see 13 studs this year. 14 to 20 are all “eye of the beholder” level talents. If only we could predict a CeeDee level fall from a stud. My hope personally is Farley or Surtain fall but I think it’s a pipe dream.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Someone asked and my hope is Farley or Surtain at 16. Personally..... I can’t see that happening. I do think one of Waddle, Smith, Chase, or Pitts may fall to 16 though. Especially if the QBs go.

in the end though...... I think we get a player who may be considered underwhelming. I see 13 studs this year. 14 to 20 are all “eye of the beholder” level talents. If only we could predict a CeeDee level fall from a stud. My hope personally is Farley or Surtain fall but I think it’s a pipe dream.
I agree. I think we will be on the outside looking in, in terms of the talent level available to us.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

#16 is a pretty good place

a couple thoughts:

i agree with you that there is a good potential ( 50%?) that a highly rated player of need falls to 16. I think WR is more likely than CB, but who knows

if that doesnt happen, it means that a highly rated player not at a position of need is there -- pass rushers like a Rosseau or Paye, or maybe LB Parsons.

There are worse thing than adding another young pass rusher to the mix, or, at worst: they make for attractive trade up prospects for other teams.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He is the guy I want at 16
He offers some aggressiveness and physicality, something the team lacked last year year with p21 and Fitzpatrick
Whe need a player who dont hesitate and can attack the ball, and he is very good play man to man, has good speed
To me is a bigger and faster Byron Murphy, but isn't yet the same tackler

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Young man sound hungry.

Like what the Cards need.

Its hard to trust Kliff to evolve his offense though.

And Keim is atrocious at drafting.

I need to go to church

Gotta commend this dude for not only bringing the talent but the work ethic it takes to be great.

I hope the Front Office can get it to f***ing gether

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Think I lowered my choice down to 2:

Jaycee Horn & Alijah Vera-Tucker.

Possible both make it to us, especially AVT.

@Chopper0080
I continue to like Horn more than I believe scouts might. The biggest concern I have seen and heard is how grabby Horn is down the field. I am not as worried about it as I have found it is easier to coach aggression out of players rather than into players. I also feel like Horn and Murphy fit the mold of an aggressive and physical secondary.

I am less confident AVT makes it to us but am more comfortable with his ability. I still worry about his physicality mostly because of our division. Just several OL needy teams drafting ahead of us.

It is tough to get too into the draft just because FA is going to have such a huge impact on it. We have so many holes on our roster that need to be filled prior to the draft to be able to get the right players.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It would be boring to most but honestly I wouldn’t mind if we got AVT & Creed Humphrey in back-to-back rounds if they’re both there.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It would be boring to most but honestly I wouldn’t mind if we got AVT & Creed Humphrey in back-to-back rounds if they’re both there.
Right now, I agree. However, I will be shocked if we don't spend significantly on a FA interior lineman which would change things. The tough part is the idea of having a rookie OG next to a first year starting RT.

A guy like Quinn Meinerz would make sense with his ability to play C and OG. As you said the versatility of AVT makes sense. Creed is tough because a FA C would block his ability to contribute. Jalen Mayfield is an option because he is so young, plays on the right side, and is very physical. If we wanted to move back a bit to add a pick it could be an option. Landon Dickerson makes sense as well in this regard.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I do believe if you watch the super bowl you can see how a deeper DB group is more important than a single top end player. You don't have to spend a ton of top resources on it.

The other thing that shows is the benefit stopping the run with 6 creates. LA hits this out of the park and TB had a bunch of success vs KC (albeit with a banged up OL). But this is how LA dominates us. It isn't just Donald, it is that they can win one-on-one matchups across the line, stop the run with 6 and stay two high.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose