Phx/por/nj

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
I'm bored and using RealGM. What a bad combo. Anyways, here's a trade I came up with that works.

PHX Trades:
Steve Nash (To POR)
Raja Bell (To POR)
Leandro Barbosa (To NJ)
Boris Diaw (To NJ)
Grant Hill (To NJ)

PHX Gets:
Raef Lafrentz (From POR)
Sergio Rodriguez (From POR)
Richard Jefferson (From NJ)
Stromile Swift (From NJ)
Portlands 1st Rd. Pick

This should answer a few questions.

Why does Portland do it?
Portland then really becomes a contender with a lineup of Nash/Bell/Roy/Aldridge/Oden next year. They would then also have an extremely deep bench. They unload Raef's contract for a year as well.

Why does New Jersey do it?
With RJ being arrested not to long ago, I could see him possibly being traded. Along with the idea of Harris/Barbosa/Carter/Hill/Diaw/Diop/etc. may be enticing.

The Suns stay competitive while building for the future. So with the draft picks we draft DJ Augustin and JaVale McGee. (Portland's is estimated at 13th overall, ours would be 15th). That allows us to have a rotation of:

PG: Augustin(30)/Rodriguez(18)
SG: Giricek(25)/Strawberry(23)
SF: Jefferson(38)/Tucker(10)
PF: Amare(38)/McGee(10)
C: Shaq(22)/McGee(18)/Swift(8)

That's a solid 10 man rotation. It also allows us to build around Augustin, Amare, McGee, Strawberry, etc.

For those interested the trade ID: #4600407

Before I get 100 responses saying "no way". I'm by no means saying this is a possibility, rather it's just something I came up with.

asudevil83

Reaction score
and its completely aweful...sorry

Nash FOR Jefferson
Barbosa FOR First
Bell FOR Swift
Diaw FOR LaFrentz
Hill FOR Rodriguez

i really dont have a problem bringing Jefferson in. he's a great player. but that starting backcourt is absolutely disgusting. just garbage. how is a team who has relied so heavily on a PG to distribute the ball going to handle a ROOKIE starter, along with a third year player with very little experience. Giricik is a DECENT player, but by no means a starting calibur. and he's backed up by another second year player with little experience.

Tucker again, also has very little experience.....and having a ROOKIE and a lazy ass backing up the front court just spells disaster.

you do realized that if you took the total number of minutes Rodriguez/Tucker/Strawberry played last year it wouldnt even equal 1000 TOTAL. Barbosa himself played 2400 last year.

this team would be LUCKY to win 30 games next year.

this my friend is a LOTTO team. easily a lotto team.

-----------------

Nash/Bell go to Portland for Rodriguez/LaFrentz/First? WTF?

Last edited:

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
PHX Trades:
Steve Nash (To POR)
Raja Bell (To POR)
Leandro Barbosa (To NJ)
Boris Diaw (To NJ)
Grant Hill (To NJ)

PHX Gets:
Raef Lafrentz (From POR)
Sergio Rodriguez (From POR)
Richard Jefferson (From NJ)
Stromile Swift (From NJ)
Portlands 1st Rd. Pick

So Phoenix trades Nash and Bell to Portland for Lafrentz, Rodriguez and #13 pick? Suns definitely aren't getting equal value here at all. Our starting backcourt for crap. Barbosa could get us Rodriguez and #13 pick easily from Portland. Lafrentz actually can't be traded due to CBA rules, but is an expiring. With D'Antoni gone, Lafrentz isn't a usable guy on the Suns either.

Phoenix trades Barbosa, Diaw, and Hill to NJ for Jefferson and Swift. That part I like, and actually feel it benefits both teams.

If you are going to propose a trade like this you need to think everything out and show all teams player movement, not just what the Suns are giving and getting.