Phoenix Mercury 2017 Season Thread

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
After the "Beat L.A." chant, I tried to start, "Beat the Refs." By getting BG and DT in early foul trouble on bad calls (substantiated by the replays we saw overhead), they handed the victory to L.A. after we scored the first 8 points of the game.

Didn't the refs get the memo that they are not supposed to alienate the home (revenue paying) crowd? As all of the fans around me, I was very disappointed.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
After the "Beat L.A." chant, I tried to start, "Beat the Refs." By getting BG and DT in early foul trouble on bad calls (substantiated by the replays we saw overhead), they handed the victory to L.A. after we scored the first 8 points of the game.

Didn't the refs get the memo that they are not supposed to alienate the home (revenue paying) crowd? As all of the fans around me, I was very disappointed.

The scary thing? I've been to about ten games the past two seasons. This game doesn't make the top 3 on the worst officiated list.

OP
OP
thirty-two

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really hope she gets it tonight it front if the home crowd (and on Pride Night, considering her recent news).

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It looks like a lot of the role players are starting to come into their own.

Aside from the obvious (BG, DT, Leilani), I was really impressed with Talbot, Cannon, and Turner.

Talbot has some areas she needs to improve, but she has a ton of potential.

OP
OP
thirty-two

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree about Talbot, Nachos. She made several hustle plays yesterday that were awesome. She went for the tough rebounds, she dove for a loose ball, etc. She isn't flashy but she plays with grit.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Preview: Lynx at Mercury
The Phoenix Mercury will honor guard Diana Taurasi and welcome two roster additions when they host the WNBA-leading Minnesota Lynx on Friday night.

This will be the first home game for Phoenix (7-5) since Taurasi broke the league’s career scoring record on June 18 in Los Angeles. Already this week, Taurasi had a street outside of Talking Stick Resort Arena named after her, and she threw out the first pitch before an Arizona Diamondbacks game.

Getting a victory on Taurasi Night won’t be easy against the Lynx, who are 11-1 and lead the league with an average of 87.8 points per game.
http://www.foxsports.com/north/story/minnesota-lynx-phoenix-mercury-preview-063017

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson