Phoenix Mercury 2017 Season Thread

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You don't know Diana Taurasi
PHOENIX -- Diana Taurasi has played much of her basketball in extreme climates. Summers in Phoenix, which at its hottest can sap anyone's strength. Winters in Russia, which at its coldest can drain anyone's willpower.

"You could even say that started in Connecticut," Taurasi said of the significantly chillier place she went to college after growing up in the sunny Los Angeles suburb of Chino, California. "It does affect your mentality, your everyday life, and it changes your personality a little bit."

Yet Taurasi has a love for all the places she has played, learning to deal well with their extremes. But she has tried to back away from another extreme. She gives everything to basketball, physically and mentally. But knowing there is more of her playing career behind her than in front of her, she wants to best conserve what's left in the tank.

http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id...hoenix-mercury-star-diana-taurasi-think-again

OP
OP
thirty-two

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great game, decent crowd tonight. I did not win the 50/50 raffle :(. I love me a 50/50 raffle!

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's crazy how empty the stands are in Chicago. I know they lost Delle Donne, but you would think they would have a better following. I go to Mercury games a decent amount, and the energy there is often better than at Suns games!

Edit: I bet the NBA Finals has something to do with it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
thirty-two

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taurasi and Griner are BALLIN this game

OP
OP
thirty-two

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Griner with a block and then DT with the dagger 3. She's hit like 7 or 8 (too lazy to check) this game.