Philadelphia bans fans at Eagles games

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We ain’t seeing games this year unless the NFL tries to figure out a bubble system like the NBA is trying.

still think they could have an outside chance to pull it off if they have two sites, one in LA using the new stadium, rose bowl, colosseum and the Honda Center and another in Dallas where they can use the Cowboys dome and apparently there’s like four other fully equipped stadiums at a compound Jerry created as well. Redo the schedules... each city has AFC or NFC, play games on Sat/Sun/Mon and give it a go.

But I think it’ll be near impossible even then simply because theres so many More players, coaches, training staff, equipment guys compared to almost any other sport. But adding travel into the mix if they don’t bubble then you’re adding random hotel staff in every city, travel staff, etc... no way.

and to do that for an entire 16 game season and post-season? I’ll be stunned.

I desperately hope to be proven wrong.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I think the whole season is going to be a mess. Most of my fantasy leagues are waiving fees and coming up with alternatives. I would love to see how the NBA/NHL/MLB situations get going before setting a firm opinion on what's going to work or not, but this doesn't seem good.

OP
OP
Buckybird

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Cheese I don’t think we’re gonna see football this year either.

Personally I don’t think you can keep 32 NFL teams in a bubble for 4 1/2 months let alone 6 to play the season out. Just remember MLB, the NBA & the NHL are going to be playing shorter seasons & the last 2 half the amount of teams.

can the bubble even actually work to prevent the virus? I’m not so sure, based off some of the NHLs Blues getting infected during training camp at a bar despite being told to stay isolated. Men will be men lol

Certain guys will likely opt out of the NFL like other sports have already happened as well. What happens once a few players test positive which will likely happen?
We ain’t seeing games this year unless the NFL tries to figure out a bubble system like the NBA is trying.

still think they could have an outside chance to pull it off if they have two sites, one in LA using the new stadium, rose bowl, colosseum and the Honda Center and another in Dallas where they can use the Cowboys dome and apparently there’s like four other fully equipped stadiums at a compound Jerry created as well. Redo the schedules... each city has AFC or NFC, play games on Sat/Sun/Mon and give it a go.

But I think it’ll be near impossible even then simply because theres so many More players, coaches, training staff, equipment guys compared to almost any other sport. But adding travel into the mix if they don’t bubble then you’re adding random hotel staff in every city, travel staff, etc... no way.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

LA as one centre, I can understand.

Dallas (Texas) is in a COVID epicentre at this point.

Why not NY/New Jersey/Connecticut where they have things under control.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

LA is a COVID epicenter also. Didn’t say NY because I don’t know if they have the facilities to pull it off the way Dallas would with their Football compound. My suggestion was more all about football facilities more than anything else.

what confuses me most is that a bubble idea isn’t being considered at all... or at least we haven’t heard of one.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I live in NJ.

Our numbers may look promising but those trends remain atop a very shaky foundation. (We're far from having everything "under control"). We are a couple of feet from a checkout clerk's sneeze or a hug from a family member away from bringing the whole dang thing down on our heads.

Or not. Maybe we'll stay lucky. Meanwhile, a lot of us maintain disciplined and roll the dice in favor of what the odds tell us.

Or maybe the new face shield design will protect each player.

Truth be told - we remain in very shaky times & things can break in either direction in a NYC minute.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I havent even started thinking about starting up my 8 or 9 year fantasy league this year. so many unknowns.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

What would they use the Honda Center for? That's where the Ducks play.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
NFL better have some sort of good plan because just seeing what MLS' idea of a plan is that is no where to go.

Borderrat

Veteran
Reaction score
Cheese I don’t think we’re gonna see football this year either.

Personally I don’t think you can keep 32 NFL teams in a bubble for 4 1/2 months let alone 6 to play the season out. Just remember MLB, the NBA & the NHL are going to be playing shorter seasons & the last 2 half the amount of teams.

can the bubble even actually work to prevent the virus? I’m not so sure, based off some of the NHLs Blues getting infected during training camp at a bar despite being told to stay isolated. Men will be men lol

Certain guys will likely opt out of the NFL like other sports have already happened as well. What happens once a few players test positive which will likely happen?

I agree. Just the task of disinfecting the entire locker rooms and all other area between each game is a huge task. I don't think there will be a season. There definitely won't be one with fans in the stands.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Do any of us really care? I just want some ******* football to watch!
I care because it would be our luck to win it all and then people say "yeah, in that obscure Cov19 season"... I want a season when it fully counts so a deprived fan of a luckless franchise has some legit fist pumping power lol

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I care because it would be our luck to win it all and then people say "yeah, in that obscure Cov19 season"... I want a season when it fully counts so a deprived fan of a luckless franchise has some legit fist pumping power lol
its ok. we can be forfeit champs. fans like to throw around their team winning in the 80s which is just as irrelevant anyway.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

dude... can beggars for any kind of entertainment right now be choosers? just give me 3 hours on sunday to escape and that's a championship for the entire country at this point.

OP
OP
Buckybird

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I don’t give a damn how many games we won or played people trying to knock it because anything. If we hoist the Lombardi we’re World Champions!!! :clapping:

There’s no asterisk by the Redskins 1982 season. They got rings & a big shiny silver Trophy for 12 games :mrgreen:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Philadelphia bans fans at Eagles games

This should have been done decades ago!!!

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Do any of us really care? I just want some ******* football to watch!

Same bro same.

I know we keep getting these stories and there are plenty of reasons to worry but I am not going to get into it anymore. Better to stay even than to react to ever changing data especially when it's for the worse.

The upside is that when we do get football back it is going to be a great feeling. If anything this whole pandemic has made me appreciate everything in life a lot more than I ever have.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

I will take the COVID Superbowl title. We won against all odds.

That is the way I would see it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave