PFT on Kliff

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The team lead the league in penalties. The offense lead the league in penalty stalled drives. That’s not a bunch of knuckleheads. That’s coaching. It’s always been called out as coaching because the head coach is responsible for setting the tone and holding players accountable. Yes, every team needs players who are leaders - but they lead, they don’t take the head coaches responsibilities. Ask any coach from nfl down to pee wee whose issue it is if you lead the league in penalties and to a person I’d bet they say “head coach.”

Exactly. No speculation needed here--don't have to be Nostradamus to figure out where to point the blame for the lack of leadership.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well kliff accountability and discipline are head coach thing. You have a player who leads the league in penalties it’s a player issue. When the team does it, it’s a coaching issue. Get your house straight.
It's the coaching no doubt

Hard to see KK getting the team to respect and listen to him this year after collapsing last year, but we'll see

BritCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Exactly. No speculation needed here--don't have to be Nostradamus to figure out where to point the blame for the lack of leadership.

It's the coaching no doubt

Hard to see KK getting the team to respect and listen to him this year after collapsing last year, but we'll see

I'm going to defend Kliff here and say I don't think it's respect or coaching. Seasoned vets didn't just start giving away pens because they don't respect Kliff.

Now I'm going to I'm going to blame him again and repeat what I said above. I believe the problem is the scheme. To some degree the pace but I'm guessing mainly the way Kyler handles the snap count.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm going to defend Kliff here and say I don't think it's respect or coaching. Seasoned vets didn't just start giving away pens because they don't respect Kliff.

Now I'm going to I'm going to blame him again and repeat what I said above. I believe the problem is the scheme. To some degree the pace but I'm guessing mainly the way Kyler handles the snap count.
You’re entitled to your opinion. And pace or kyler could have something to do with it. But we’ve seen plenty of teams play with pace and it hasn’t always been a penalty issue. And kylers been the QB for this team for 30+ games with scheme in which most/many players have been a part of . . . so I’m going to back to Occam’s razor . . . discipline comes down to culture which is primarily driven by coach.

FB94

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kk improved red zone offense last year after poor first season. Let’s see if fewer penalties will be the theme early on this year

SoonerLou

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

This is just dumb and I can't think of any logical reason to do this. Moving your WR's around gives you an advantage. Keeping them in one position gives the defense an advantage.

Garthshort

Reaction score
Is it possible that in the closed portion of practices, WR's are moved from the left side to the right side? And KK wants to keep that info under wraps until the season starts.

BritCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is it possible that in the closed portion of practices, WR's are moved from the left side to the right side? And KK wants to keep that info under wraps until the season starts.

I suppose, but it's hardly a big secret that WR's can move around and will confuse teams for all of about 5 minutes.

Garthshort

Reaction score
I suppose, but it's hardly a big secret that WR's can move around and will confuse teams for all of about 5 minutes.
It is possible that in addition to those five minutes, it could affect their game plans. Unless that it doesn't matter which side DeAndre and AJ line up. Many posters seem to indicate that it does.

BritCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It is possible that in addition to those five minutes, it could affect their game plans. Unless that it doesn't matter which side DeAndre and AJ line up. Many posters seem to indicate that it does.

I would expect any CBs to watch tape and prepare for all WRs they might face. Like they do every other week.

Only playing vs one just make it easier for them but if not they are still prepared like any other week.

Garthshort

Reaction score
If you think that you'll be going against a certain player, that's the one you concentrate on, even if you look at others. You, probably just don't look as hard. And that gives the edge to the WR. JMO.