PFN Focuses on Primary Cards’ Need

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
“In order for Murray to lead the Cardinals deep into the playoffs and eventually the Super Bowl, he needs to consistently connect with players other than Hopkins. Brown could be a massive asset in Kliff Kingsbury’s offense, and former Pro Bowl tight end Zach Ertz has the deep playoff experience to come up in the clutch. With Brown’s speed and Green’s consistency on the outside, Murray should be able to make the most of Ertz over the middle.

Murray needs to find consistency in the winter months of the year. If he and the Cardinals can keep their momentum intact down the stretch, they could go on an epic run. While the defense has lost some key pieces this offseason, the offense is built to put up huge numbers. Murray needs to stay healthy and continue to be among the more accurate passers in the league. The offensive line also needs to stick together and protect him well.”

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One excuse Kyler can't have this year is lack of weapons.

Hopkins and Ertz only played 4 games together last year. Hopefully they have 11 this year.

Conner had 50 yards a game receiving from week 9 onwards.

Rondale in year 2 should be much better and he looks like he's put the work in.

They added his best friend and favorite college receiver who had over 1000 yards last year in a poor passing offence.

AJ Green had 850 last year and should be better in year 2.

Maxx is back. McBride added.

There's a crap tonne of weapons. Maybe the most the Cards ever had.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You know the Cards had 3 receivers get 1000 yards in a season, right?
Obviously Fitz and Boldin are HOF WR's but Breaston was more a product of a HOF QB.
I'd have to agree this current team probably has more weapons than 2008. I would say Hop, Hollywood, AJ Green and Rondale are probably a better 1-4 than we have had. 2008 team had no legit TE and an aging RB. I'd say current team is better in both those areas.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Obviously Fitz and Boldin are HOF WR's but Breaston was more a product of a HOF QB.
I'd have to agree this current team probably has more weapons than 2008. I would say Hop, Hollywood, AJ Green and Rondale are probably a better 1-4 than we have had. 2008 team had no legit TE and an aging RB. I'd say current team is better in both those areas.
The duo of Larry & Boldin during that time are better than an aging Green, inconsistent Brown, young Rondale, & Hopkins. Add Breaston in there & it’s not even close.

Sure, 3.7 YPC Conner is better than over the hill Ed.

I fully agree with this years TE group being much better though.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One excuse Kyler can't have this year is lack of weapons.

Hopkins and Ertz only played 4 games together last year. Hopefully they have 11 this year.

Conner had 50 yards a game receiving from week 9 onwards.

Rondale in year 2 should be much better and he looks like he's put the work in.

They added his best friend and favorite college receiver who had over 1000 yards last year in a poor passing offence.

AJ Green had 850 last year and should be better in year 2.

Maxx is back. McBride added.

There's a crap tonne of weapons. Maybe the most the Cards ever had.
Agree 100%, and Kyler would be the first to admit that. We had plenty of weapons last year, but unfortunately, by the last 6 weeks too many were missing. As is usually the case, we need to stay “relatively“ healthy down the stretch to make the playoffs & then have a nice run. The D scares me right now, but hoping Keim adds some talent before the season starts.