Peter King interviews K1

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
8. I think Larry Fitzgerald has been fairly quiet about his future, dropping a couple of hints that the end is near but keeping things fairly mysterious. I believe it’s better than 50-50 than he returns for a 17th season in 2020. He likes the life, he likes the game, he is well-compensated for it, and he is beloved in Arizona. A few thoughts about his remarkable career: He played his 250th regular-season game on Sunday in Los Angeles . . . He has missed six games due to injury in 16 seasons. He’s played the Cardinals’ last 84 regular-season games, every one since Dec. 1, 2014 . . . Still a prime guy, and important to the development of Kyler Murray. Targets in the last six games: Stefon Diggs 40, Fitzgerald 39 . . . A free agent after the season, I’d be surprised if the Cardinals—with $66 million in cap room heading into 2020—didn’t pony up for him. He made $11.25 million this year . . . Fitzgerald has told me many times that no one will ever break Jerry Rice’s record of 1,549 catches. But Fitzgerald exits this season with 1,378 receptions, 172 from breaking the record. It would be very hard for him to break that in two seasons, and it’s hard to envision him playing more than two more years. But “very hard” is not “impossible.”\

Also from PK's Football Morning In America.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson