Peter King FMIA: reason for optimism?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Home games always present a better chance to win. As putrid as we were last year, we still had a few home games that we could have won if our coaching staff had a set of balls. Just looking at our home games alone, we could beat:

Lions
Panthers
Falcons
49ers
Browns
Seahawks

I would also put Pittsburgh on this list, as we have always played them tough in AZ. But, Pittsburgh's D-line will be a handful for us & they will be playing for their fallen WR coach. Without the 2 headcases, the Steelers will be a better team. Also, don't be surprised if we give the Rams all they can handle in AZ. I expect a high scoring, back & forth affair in that one. I'm not saying we WILL win these home games, but we'll have the opportunity to.

A road win or 2 could come from:

Bengals
Giants
Bucs

We have notoriously been a lousy road team, even though only a handful of teams are considered "good" road teams. It may not necessarily be this year, but Murray's ability to avoid the first guy & make plays out of seemingly nothing will quiet some venues that would otherwise become rabid after a couple of early sacks.
From a "could" perspective I would say we "could" realistically win any of our 8 home games and will have somewhat of a chance in most of the road games. That's not to say that we will win a lot of games, but I would never count out a home game as a possible win and outside of a few teams I wouldn't count out a possible upset on the road either. Anything can happen on any given Sunday.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Home games always present a better chance to win. As putrid as we were last year, we still had a few home games that we could have won if our coaching staff had a set of balls. Just looking at our home games alone, we could beat:

Lions
Panthers
Falcons
49ers
Browns
Seahawks

I would also put Pittsburgh on this list, as we have always played them tough in AZ. But, Pittsburgh's D-line will be a handful for us & they will be playing for their fallen WR coach. Without the 2 headcases, the Steelers will be a better team. Also, don't be surprised if we give the Rams all they can handle in AZ. I expect a high scoring, back & forth affair in that one. I'm not saying we WILL win these home games, but we'll have the opportunity to.

A road win or 2 could come from:

Bengals
Giants
Bucs

We have notoriously been a lousy road team, even though only a handful of teams are considered "good" road teams. It may not necessarily be this year, but Murray's ability to avoid the first guy & make plays out of seemingly nothing will quiet some venues that would otherwise become rabid after a couple of early sacks.

Man that falcons game scares me.

It just seems like a spot where Ryan will totally take us apart. Hope I'm wrong.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
From a "could" perspective I would say we "could" realistically win any of our 8 home games and will have somewhat of a chance in most of the road games. That's not to say that we will win a lot of games, but I would never count out a home game as a possible win and outside of a few teams I wouldn't count out a possible upset on the road either. Anything can happen on any given Sunday.

One thing Murray showed last year was that if the team fell behind, he would find another gear.

TX had us buried in the Cotton bowl, and gave OU every reason to pack it in. But the kid made play after play after play, and before you knew it, the score was tied late in the fourth. I watched similar (but less dramatic) versions of this at different times during the year.

So, if we're down 17 at the half vs. the niners, we're still going to have a chance, because Murray won't quit, and seems to be good at keeping his teammates calm, and their morale high.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson