Per Adam Schefter ....... Colt McCoy to Visit Cardinals Next Week

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
an idea started by the PFF mock draft simulator:

with one of the 7th rounders, do the Cards take Ian Book, QB, ND as a developmental, backup qb

can run the read option, not nearly the arm as Murray -- but you wouldnt have to change the game plan if he came in

also -- GB seems to take these dev QBs, showcase em in pre season games and then trade them off

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Living in Redskins’ country, I’ve seen a lot of McCoy. He’s definitely an upgrade over streveler and hundley. My only issue with the signing is health. I’m not sure why Keim struggles so much with this in regards to backup quarterbacks. You would’ve thought he would have learned his lesson with Stanton, who, sadly, just had no place in this league.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
an idea started by the PFF mock draft simulator:

with one of the 7th rounders, do the Cards take Ian Book, QB, ND as a developmental, backup qb

can run the read option, not nearly the arm as Murray -- but you wouldnt have to change the game plan if he came in

also -- GB seems to take these dev QBs, showcase em in pre season games and then trade them off
I have no problem with it unless the team finds themselves looking at solid special teams players. I feel like we're missing a lot of that unit.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Living in Redskins’ country, I’ve seen a lot of McCoy. He’s definitely an upgrade over streveler and hundley. My only issue with the signing is health. I’m not sure why Keim struggles so much with this in regards to backup quarterbacks. You would’ve thought he would have learned his lesson with Stanton, who, sadly, just had no place in this league.
Stanton was a better backup QB than 60% of the league's backups if not more.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Agree, IMO the key statistic for a backup QB is wins. If you look at the passing stats, Stanton wasn't anything special but most of the time the Cards would win the game when Stanton played due to Palmer's injuries.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Agree, IMO the key statistic for a backup QB is wins. If you look at the passing stats, Stanton wasn't anything special but most of the time the Cards would win the game when Stanton played due to Palmer's injuries.
Get the ball to where it needs to be to get the win, and don't mess up. It's the best you can mostly hope for from a backup QB. Nearly any team in the league that doesn't have the heir apparent behind an older starter is in no better position than that.

Anyone who thinks Hundley was going to come in here and be dynamite didn't watch him play for the Packers when Rodgers was out. (Caveat: I think he would have been better than Streveler.)

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Stanton played with any of the Cardinal defenses since BA left, he wouldn’t have won a single game.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Not a soul thought this.

Everyone with a soul thought this.
I've heard some pretty optimistic takes from people about Hundley on here, putting him above guys like Mariota and Jameis Winston.

But, yeah.

If Stanton played with any of the Cardinal defenses since BA left, he wouldn’t have won a single game.
Whose backup would? Kyler has to play permanent hero ball in nearly every game to keep the team in it. At least half of the starting QBs wouldn't stand a chance.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think in 2018 he beats Chicago (14-16), Detroit (3-17) and Oakland (20-23) for sure and maybe Seattle (17-20) at home, in additional to the 3 games Rosen won.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, until he got hurt, which he always did. A backup qb’s number 1 responsibility is to stay healthy because no team can go far with their 3rd qb. Stanton got hurt in practically every game he played in.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose