Pat's Run

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just found out that my coworker passed away after suffering a heart attack 4 miles into the race.

I saw someone on the ground just outside the stadium getting medical attention but didn't recognize him.

Very sad.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. It’s been 5 years since this thread was bumped. Another fun race. I averaged 6:53 per mile this year. Ran hard but didn’t crush it too hard because I’ve got a triathlon next weekend.

You must be registered for see images attach
Wish I could run like you. At my age and condition, I only run to the bathroom, and that is a short sprint. Seriously, Congrats.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Wish I could run like you. At my age and condition, I only run to the bathroom, and that is a short sprint. Seriously, Congrats.

Ha! Thanks. I’m looking forward to hitting 50 because that’s when the age groupers start slowing down and there’s hope that I can start winning my division.

OP
OP
Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just found out that my coworker passed away after suffering a heart attack 4 miles into the race.

I saw someone on the ground just outside the stadium getting medical attention but didn't recognize him.

Very sad.

OMG. I remember passing someone who was getting medical attention. I am so sorry.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Just registered me and the fam for this year's run!
Nice!

Registered with my company's team again. 7-time company champ, but I might be going down this year. There's a 29 year-old this year that may take me down. I had a close call a few years ago with a kid in his mid 20s, but I dropped him at mile 3. Luckily he left the company, otherwise he would have beat me the following year for sure.

Looks like it would take a 5:53/mile pace to win my division. That's not happening, but a 6:30 pace would probably get me into the top 3. That's doable if things go right. I've been doing weekly track workouts with the Arizona Road Racers and getting back some of my 400m-1600m speed back, so hopefully I can carry that into the race.

OP
OP
Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice!

Registered with my company's team again. 7-time company champ, but I might be going down this year. There's a 29 year-old this year that may take me down. I had a close call a few years ago with a kid in his mid 20s, but I dropped him at mile 3. Luckily he left the company, otherwise he would have beat me the following year for sure.

Looks like it would take a 5:53/mile pace to win my division. That's not happening, but a 6:30 pace would probably get me into the top 3. That's doable if things go right. I've been doing weekly track workouts with the Arizona Road Racers and getting back some of my 400m-1600m speed back, so hopefully I can carry that into the race.

Nice! That pace is crazy! I admire your persistence.

I've been sidelined all January with respiratory/asthma issues. Finally got some steroids and am finally on the mend. Still, I'm gonna have to see what to do with our 4 1/2 year old. She's gonna do the kids run, but we're gonna have her during the regular 4.2. Will likely just hang with her til we get done. Pushing the jogging stroller last year was hell. Worst race ever. I think I would rather carry her half the way than push that thing.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Nice! That pace is crazy! I admire your persistence.

I've been sidelined all January with respiratory/asthma issues. Finally got some steroids and am finally on the mend. Still, I'm gonna have to see what to do with our 4 1/2 year old. She's gonna do the kids run, but we're gonna have her during the regular 4.2. Will likely just hang with her til we get done. Pushing the jogging stroller last year was hell. Worst race ever. I think I would rather carry her half the way than push that thing.
I bet. The race gets so crowded. Even when I start in coral #2 it's crowded. I can't imagine how bad it gets after that.

Good luck with the respiratory issues. I had a bad cough that took a month to go away. I can finally finish a hard workout without coughing my lungs out. It's very nice.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardsunsfan