Pat's Run

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Where? when?

I did the PF Chang's half marathon (mostly walking) and thought I was gonna die :)

OP
OP
Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where? when?

I did the PF Chang's half marathon (mostly walking) and thought I was gonna die :)

Yeah, that 1/2 marathon is a long one. I did it in 2008. jacked up my knee at 7.5 miles. Walked from 7.5 to 8, then started running again. Didn't take me long to realize that was a dumb move. I walked the rest, which I'm still disappointed about.

Pat's Run is April 16 in Tempe. Just 4.2 miles. It's a good time.

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Im doing it with a few friends. After the run we will be on Mill drinking heavily.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I signed up last week. Have been training pretty hard in general and ran 4.2 miles in 34 minutes 20 seconds on Thursday. My goal is under 34.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
I should make it my goal to run in that next year. I'm hoping after I lose like 50 more pounds I start including actual running into my workout, not just an elliptical.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should make it my goal to run in that next year. I'm hoping after I lose like 50 more pounds I start including actual running into my workout, not just an elliptical.

Sign up this year for the walking group. That way you can start the tradition of doing it every year this year.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
bleh .. i'm out. I still have bursitis on my knee and a partial tear in my tendon so I've been walking on 1 leg for over a month :(

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
My son and I will be running for the 3rd year in a row.

Just looked up my time from last year - 26:30 (6:19/mi). I knew I did well, but I had forgotten how well. Time to get my butt in gear if I want to beat that.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My son and I will be running for the 3rd year in a row.

Just looked up my time from last year - 26:30 (6:19/mi). I knew I did well, but I had forgotten how well. Time to get my butt in gear if I want to beat that.

That's a killer time. My best was 32:00 back in 2008. 35:00 is about the average for me. I'd like to finish under 34:00 this year. It's becoming increasingly difficult every year to post good times because of the amount of people participating and all of the lateral running you are forced to do get around people.

OP
OP
Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a killer time. My best was 32:00 back in 2008. 35:00 is about the average for me. I'd like to finish under 34:00 this year. It's becoming increasingly difficult every year to post good times because of the amount of people participating and all of the lateral running you are forced to do get around people.

Especially when you have slow runners (ie me) and walkers.

My time is not very good at all right now. I'm not even gonna post it out of embarrassment. :(

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Especially when you have slow runners (ie me) and walkers.

My time is not very good at all right now. I'm not even gonna post it out of embarrassment. :(

Keep your spirits up JG. One of the great things about these competitions is that you're mostly competing against yourself.

I know what you mean Folster, the starting gate is super crowded. I waste a lot of energy working through the crowd in the first 1/2 mile. Last year I waited until a few minutes before it started and squeezed in up near the front.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardsunsfan