Patrick Peterson

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know how guys can say "Pay Hump" and then in the next breath grumble about paying a guy who is actual top 10 at his position because he had 6 bad games.

I don't see him going anywhere.

And I'm no P2 homer. I don't think he's anywhere near as good as the hype around him. But he's still genuinely top 10 at his position in the league over his career.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I am ok overpaying good players while Kyler is on his rookie deal. We need a better roster and letting proven dudes go is not the quickest path to that.

Over pay Fitz.
Over pay Humphries.
Over pay Peterson.

then draft and develop their replacements.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he wants to be here and his play will match the new contract $

of coure. if he didnt want to be here, you dont sign him.

His play was tremendous after a few rocky games last year. I'm not worried about his play.

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear they are having contract extension negotiations. Peterson is still one of the best at his position. Will be good if they can come to a good deal.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
Nobody knows what is going on with Peterson except for Peterson himself. He's carrying a lot of baggage he needs to unload. It may have been reported that Philly was going to give a #1, but that's hard to believe. But he still has more trade value than DJ, who has become one of the biggest disappointments in the entire NFL. If Peterson's problem is attitude, maybe it can be corrected. But he'll never be the guy who was returning punts for touchdowns early in his career.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
For those who noted that Peterson deleted all references to being a Cardinal on social media, he's changed his Twitter avatar and cover page back.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Tonight was the beginning of the end of the line for Patrick Peterson as an Arizona Cardinal.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Everybody wants to always bring up how great DK is on this board. Peterson having trouble converting DK....Peterson sucks!!!!

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Washed & garbage

Hilarious that’s he’s gonna make the HOF off of 1, maybe 2, great years

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Washed & garbage

Hilarious that’s he’s gonna make the HOF off of 1, maybe 2, great years
Peterson beat Metcalf again today....
Love how we had no running game,.Murphy and Kirkpatrick get picked on. Budda took some bad angles and penalties galore. But you revive your "i hate peterson" thread. Beginning to think he used to date your sister or something. Let it go man

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's a shame we didn't pursue Gilmore, he could have replaced Peterson after this year. I would have given up a second this year and a 3rd next year for him, I think BB would have gladly taken that.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The average career of an NFL player is about two-and-a-half-years

https://work.chron.com/long-average-career-nfl-player-12643.html

P2 is 30 and has been a superior player for several years and has been on the downslide for a few years now. It's painful to see great athletes hit the wall but are still out there trying to perform. Metcalf is a freak of nature and athletic beast---we got our old dude CB chasing after him.

I remember how painful it was to watch Willie Mays (one of the all-time greats in baseball) finish out his career with the Mets and stumble and fall while trying to run to first. He stayed one year to many. P2 has to know he is no longer the shut-down corner---why else would he suggest moving over to safety?

I've been ragging on P2 for some time . . . wish there was some way for him keep his dignity since he was a great Cardinal when he was in his prime.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He hasn’t been good in 3 years I’m surprised it’s even a weekly debate. The scary thing is he’s still our best corner strictly due to his ability to pick off a ball here and there.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
DK Metcalf last night 3 catches 46 yards lol

2 of his 3 worst performances this year have come against guess who????

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Peterson is still a good DB. Just not as good as he once was. He needs the D line to provide pressure on the qb to compensate for the step he lost.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Peterson is still a good DB. Just not as good as he once was. He needs the D line to provide pressure on the qb to compensate for the step he lost.

every corner needs the Dline I don’t care how good you are if the QB has all day he’s eventually going to find someone

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
DK Metcalf last night 3 catches 46 yards lol

2 of his 3 worst performances this year have come against guess who????

He had two big drops including one for a TD plus a couple burns negated by penalty. If you think PP was great idk what to tell ya.

That said he is what he is which is an average clever but he’s still our best corner.