Patrick Peterson

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
not only blocked by a QB, but literally runs himself completely out of the play first and THEN gets blocked by the QB.
Ding ding ding!!! A total COWARD move by him!

But hey, we’re gonna get his “10 best games” right? Lol :madarms::bang::madarms:

Somebody in that locker room needs to call his sorry ass out...publicly!!! Nobody will though & that’s part of the problem. Mitch was dead freaking on, #21 is/has been coddled & babied by the coaches, GM & teammates for several years now. Its time the team embarrasses him publicly just like Charles Woodson did weeks ago against San Fran.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Ita fair to be mad at him for requesting a trade. He since has said he wants to be here. In fairness, wilks was asking one of maybe three cbs in the nfl that can follow a no1 wr to drop into playing zone.

Apparently enough players were upset with wilks they fired him after 1 season.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
PP can’t follow a number one. Maybe a 3/4...but not even close to a number 1

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can I get your thoughts on the current Patrick Peterson if you don’t mind? @kerouac9

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think hes playing better than you think. Not saying this is up to the level we have seen. Hes under contract for 1 more year, hopefully next year will be a whole new defense.

But if we trade Peterson, we should trade chandler jones too and just blow it up.

And this is why I'm with Ouchie, I can't stop laughing at this point, you have zero objectivity in regards to PP so you're posts are quite comical lol

I don't necessarily disagree with the notion of trading them both, if the plan is to try and rebuild and compete in 2-3 years.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That's the perfect excuse to bulldoze a QB, I hate the mentality of a lot of players on our team. We need some fresh blood that wants to kill the other team type of mentality.
This defense is soft. No mean streak at all. I thought Suggs was suppose to be that spark of toughness we need. It’s the exact opposite because they see him mailing it in as well. A few Jack Lambert’s or Doblers is what this team needs

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This defense is soft. No mean streak at all. I thought Suggs was suppose to be that spark of toughness we need. It’s the exact opposite because they see him mailing it in as well. A few Jack Lambert’s or Doblers is what this team needs

To be fair, those type of players aren't really allowed in today's NFL anymore.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Man not nabbing that first from a reeling Eagles team is going to bug me for the next 6 months.
Just gotta let it go...I mean I guess you can hold onto it, but it's just going to make you grumpy. I think their are some around here, though, that still get mad that Joe Namath signed with the AFL.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
This. All day this. We’ve seen him in man enough since he returned from suspension to see he sucks. At least for what’s expected of him. At least to justify overlooking his disdain for tackling. It ain’t scheme that makes him stink. He’s lost a step and a half and for a dude who was a talent-not-thinking-mans corner that makes him toast.
IMO, regardless of man or zone, he's playing softer coverage because of the young safeties...and not being able to rely on help, if he's more aggressive.

And every single DB seems to be confused on a regular basis.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, regardless of man or zone, he's playing softer coverage because of the young safeties...and not being able to rely on help, if he's more aggressive.

There is probably some shred of truth in this. He though, as the perennial pro-bowler shouldn't really be 'confused' as often as he has.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
There is probably some shred of truth in this. He though, as the perennial pro-bowler shouldn't really be 'confused' as often as he has.
I get that, but when one guy is way off it can cause the others to look around and second guess where they are supposed to be.

Happens in all types of jobs and situations, regardless of experience.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
DJ still can play a part in the offensive effort. He was the only one receiving touchdowns before his injury. Keep him in play and also I think we’ve missed the boat on getting a first for PP and I would rather have him then a 2nd rounder, he’s just going through a tough time at the moment. Next year will be the real test to see if he can regain form

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
To be fair, those type of players aren't really allowed in today's NFL anymore.
I’m not saying they step on or kick someone, but have a mean streak like them, no one fears anyone on this defense in regards to physical toughness. The one thing I remember about the Seahawks defense in their prime was that when a team played them the overall toll it took out of them physically was still there going into their next game. That’s the kind of tough physical defense I want. When someone plays our D, not only do they know it they FEEL it.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cardinals would be OUTTA THEIR MIND to pay him top 5 CB money at this point.

Since his PED's (now he's off em) his game has fallen faster than a quarter thrown over the Empire State Building

They'd be wise to see how he does the rest of the season before offering him anything.

The problem is if he finds his game again like John Brown or Anquan Boldin did after leaving ....thus becoming All-Pro status again.

If you can get a 1 for him - take it
If you can get a 2 for him - no
If you can get a 2 and a 3 - yes
that'd be it...nothing lower

I would not would not would NOT pay him....even if he sits out training camp.

Teams should NEVER trust a player who used PED's and got caught.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This. All day this. We’ve seen him in man enough since he returned from suspension to see he sucks. At least for what’s expected of him. At least to justify overlooking his disdain for tackling. It ain’t scheme that makes him stink. He’s lost a step and a half and for a dude who was a talent-not-thinking-mans corner that makes him toast.
Spot on. He's had too many games now to prove it. He's sucked badly. At times I think he could be tanking to get traded, but honestly............I think he has just lost a step and a half as you said. Maybe he's been on PEDs for several yrs now & we just didn't know it? Now that he can't take them any longer he looks like a shell of the CB he once was.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why please explain?
There are a fee people on this board that want cards to cut or trade Peterson. If you do that to one of your core players, you may as well do it to other core players with trade value and load up and draft class. Why trade Peterson then realize Murphy and brock get roasted and wish your had a great cb.

Cards d played almost 80 snaps today, 72 against the saints. That prob about 30 more than a team with an average d. Our time of possession is also lopsided, making it harder on the d. Jones had 4 tackles on 76 snaps.

Why people are singles out Peterson with a new thread doesn't make any sense. Not sure anyone on d out performed him besides baker.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Trade Peterson while we can still get a little something out of him. He doesn't have it any longer. His play this season has shown this. Get something out of his reputation while we still can. He's supposed to be our best CB, why pay him top CB money when he isn't making plays? I'd rather have a draft pick for him at this point considering what we're getting right now. He's lost a step. A blind man can see that.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I think he's just lost a step. The communication thing is all on VJ. The whole back half of our defense looks totally lost. When teams run crossing routes against us, they look even more lost, have absolutely no idea who to cover. If VJ had a clue he could get a little of that fixed.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He can’t help the fact that he’s extremely unintelligent. We knew what he was when we drafted and re-signed him. He’s a man cover guy who hates contact. That’s it. He’s not smart enough or mean enough to ever be anything else.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's all too obvious that Peterson is doing whatever he can do to play himself out of AZ. As soon as he lands elsewhere, you will see a huge step up in his play. Take it to the bank. That's the new NFL today. Exactly how players will continue to escape from doormat organizations moving forward.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
D, it makes perfect sense why some of us are attached to him. He's one of the holdovers from the "golden" years and has provided excitement for us the fans and stability at one half of the corner position for a quite some time. He's a player we as Cards fans can hang our hat on, but that being said, I admit when it's time to say goodbye. Our problems go beyond a second corner now, and scrambling and maneuvering to keep him as a Card makes no sense now. It'd be nice of he could stay, cause I still love the dude, but I gotta be honest as to what the team needs are.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose