Packer CB Jarrett Bush visiting Cardinals today

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Darren Urban ‏
Cornerback RT @RavensInsider: Source: Jarrett Bush visiting Cardinals today, Dallas interested, Packers still involved:

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jarrett Bush Profile
by Aaron Wilson of Scout.com
Green Bay Packers veteran free agent defensive back Jarrett Bush is visiting the Arizona Cardinals today after visiting the New York Jets on Saturday, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

Bush has also drawn interest from the Dallas Cowboys. The Packers remain a possibility for Bush to be re-signed.

The Jets attempted to sign Reggie Nelson, but he rejoined the Cincinnati Bengals and have also met with Washington Redskins free agent safety LaRon Landry.

Bush, 27 had 30 tackles, two interceptions and 1 1/2 sacks last season.

The 6-foot, 200-pounder has 130 career tackles, three interceptions and one forced fumble.

He played collegiately at Utah State.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't know much about him, but it sounds like he's exceptional at special teams, a solid tackler and horrible in coverage. Both Rotoworld and Pro Football Focus said the Packers' pass D improved when he was off the field.

I also noticed this today:

Geoff Schwartz ‏ @GeoffSchwartz74 Just realized I have five flights in 2 days. PDX-PHX, PHX-CLT, CLT-MIN, MIN-LAX, LAX-SJ. And I thought I was sick of flying already.
Retweeted by Adam Caplan
Not sure if this is another Michael Bush situation, but it would make sense if the Cards were bringing Schwartz in for a visit. He's a solid, young OT with potential who's coming off an injury.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't know much about him, but it sounds like he's exceptional at special teams, a solid tackler and horrible in coverage. Both Rotoworld and Pro Football Focus said the Packers' pass D improved when he was off the field.

Not sure if this is another Michael Bush situation, but it would make sense if the Cards were bringing Schwartz in for a visit. He's a solid, young OT with potential who's coming off an injury.

I was reading somewhere, leading into Free Agency, that Schwartz would be a good value signing. RT, right?

As for Bush; everyone was horrible in pass coverage last season in GB given the lack of a pass rush. Strikes as a bit of the hybrid CB/FS that one could use in nickle and dime packages.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was reading somewhere, leading into Free Agency, that Schwartz would be a good value signing. RT, right?

As for Bush; everyone was horrible in pass coverage last season in GB given the lack of a pass rush. Strikes as a bit of the hybrid CB/FS that one could use in nickle and dime packages.

Yes, Schwartz is a RT/G. Again, I don't know if he's visiting the Cards, but I think he would be a solid addition if he's healthy again.

I think you're right about Bush as far as usage goes. You could also be right about him just being part of a poor pass D, although I read that he's never been very good in coverage.

Edit: Disregard Schwartz. It looks like he's just transferring on his way to MN. I still think he's worth a look, though.

Last edited:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
This is not the first time we have tried to sign Jarrett Bush right ?

I thought we brought him in before, like 2 or 3 years ago ?

I am may be mistaken tho.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

I am for signing anyone who will make us better. I know nothing about Bush but assume if we are talking to him our management must like him.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
OK player, and brings versatility and special teams skills. Would be a decent roster move to fill Considine's spot last and maybe more.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Decent Depth Swing DB who has played a little corner, slot, and safety.

Good special teamer as well.

Would be an upgrade to the end of the depth chart.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good move to try to bring in someone who made a bad defense worse when he was on the field. :p

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Bush and Gay should be playing opposite each other. Sign them both and let the fun begin.

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Judging by the comments, you people don't realize how much he sucks. He is one of the worst players in the league. Remember how bad Eric Green was? Jarrett Bush is consistently worse than Eric Green at his worst. I've never seen a fanbase hate a guy as much as the Packers hated him. He makes a team worse by being on the field.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Judging by the comments, you people don't realize how much he sucks. He is one of the worst players in the league. Remember how bad Eric Green was? Jarrett Bush is consistently worse than Eric Green at his worst. I've never seen a fanbase hate a guy as much as the Packers hated him. He makes a team worse by being on the field.

Depends if he is being brought in to play D or special teams primarily.

AzCardzFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Resigned w/ the Packers....

Aaron Wilson@RavensInsider
Jarrett Bush agreed to terms to remain with the Green Bay Packers on a three-year contract, according to a league source. No terms released.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Resigned w/ the Packers....

Aaron Wilson@RavensInsider
Jarrett Bush agreed to terms to remain with the Green Bay Packers on a three-year contract, according to a league source. No terms released.

Good news for Cards fans. My brother is a die hard Packer fan and laughed when he heard that the Cards were interested in Bush. He was very negative on him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave