Pacers @ Suns Saturday game thread 1-22-22

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A small one, that's what I was referring too when I said we shared some of the blame.

In truth (or maybe my opinion of the truth), it was a contract year and Goran believed his financial future depended on having PG next to his name. We were just starting to play great basketball when things fell apart with him (leading to the locker room tussle with Isaiah followed by the "trade me" demand) and it was mostly jealousy on his part because of how well Thomas was playing.

It was messy.

I thought McDonough's acquisition of IT on the cheap was brilliant but I don't think think he understood the feelings of players as evidenced by the exit of Dragic, IT and Bledsoe under less than favorable circumstances.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Hero
Reaction score
It was messy.

I thought McDonough's acquisition of IT on the cheap was brilliant but I don't think think he understood the feelings of players as evidenced by the exit of Dragic, IT and Bledsoe under less than favorable circumstances.
IT was not the best locker room guy.

AzStevenCal

ASFN AWESOME
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He got busy disrupting things very quickly.
Did he? Do you have some examples? I know I heard a completely different version of what went down than this idea that Thomas was the disruptive force. I posted it a few minutes ago and then deleted it because it's back room stuff. It placed almost all the blame on Dragic.

Granted, the story came from someone that was friends with the Twins but I found it credible. And I know Thomas also clashed in Sacramento but that was mostly with the legend-in-his-own-mind Cousins.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He got busy disrupting things very quickly.

Putting three starting point guards together can make everyone unhappy. I don't think IT was a disruption though.

As I recall he was traded to appease the Dragic situation but it didn't work.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Hero
Reaction score
Putting three starting point guards together can make everyone unhappy. I don't think IT was a disruption though.

As I recall he was traded to appease the Dragic situation but it didn't work.
I am not going to argue it. Maybe I am wrong. I thought I saw a report where he walked into the locker room and told everyone he intended on starting. I can't find it now, so maybe I am imagining it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not going to argue it. Maybe I am wrong. I thought I saw a report where he walked into the locker room and told everyone he intended on starting. I can't find it now, so maybe I am imagining it.

IT wanted to start and made it known but I don't think he was a disruption. McDonough even regretted trading him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN AWESOME
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't recall that but it wouldn't surprise me one bit. No one is saying he isn't cocky and I do remember him saying something similar to the media. I think it would be disruptive if he said he'd be starting in place of Dragic (or Bledsoe) but any good player believes he should be starting. Even Grant Hill made it clear he expected to start.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Miami pick from the Dragic deal was used to trade up for Mikal. God bless you Goran.
The Lakers pick from the Nash trade was used to select Mikal. God something else you McD/B Knight.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The Lakers pick from the Nash trade was used to select Mikal. God something else you McD/B Knight.

Right but it was in Philly’s possession. We traded the 16th pick plus Miami’s pick from the Dragic/Heat trade for Mikal.

Archie Goodwin was the result from the first Nash pick. I’m retrospect it’s crazy they got 4 picks for a free agent and soon-to-be free agent.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Right but it was in Philly’s possession. We traded the 16th pick plus Miami’s pick from the Dragic/Heat trade for Mikal.

Archie Goodwin was the result from the first Nash pick. I’m retrospect it’s crazy they got 4 picks for a free agent and soon-to-be free agent.

I'm well aware of that which was why I added a 2nd sentence condemning the Knight trade which is where it was sent to Philly.