Pacers @ Suns Saturday game thread 1-21-2023

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Yeah, the way McConnell plays against Phoenix, I wish he were in a Suns uniform.
I would’ve easily given Philadelphia a first for him back on the day. Yes, I stan for McConnell, but he’s a great leader, hard worker, and commands an offense well

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
No one can wonder after this game why I like Josh Okogie, even if I'm sorry that his offense supposedly is weak (which it wasn't in this game, nyah). Okogie is the polar opposite of DeAndre Ayton in his approach to the game.
I talked to fans from his old team on Reddit and they loved his defense. They kept warning me he could not hit a jumper to save his life. IDK. Since he joined the Suns, his jump shot looks good. Maybe he went all in this summer and worked all out on it? I think he has shot well, especially expecting the worst from his previous fans.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would’ve easily given Philadelphia a first for him back on the day. Yes, I stan for McConnell, but he’s a great leader, hard worker, and commands an offense well

He averaged 6 points 3 assist in Philly. Your giving up a first for 6 points 3 assist lol

If he was black you wouldn’t even know his name

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe we can send Ayton to Toronto and land Siakam ...thay would be huge with a returning Book and CP3

With Book returning yes, but IMO CP3 at this point just holds the team hostage with his slow pace

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He averaged 6 points 3 assist in Philly. Your giving up a first for 6 points 3 assist lol

TJ and TJ re both UofA bred. He certainly would know his name.

TJ

Reaction score
So you wouldn’t trade a pick that would net a Ty Jerome-type for a guy who’s done an excellent job of starting at PG in a pinch, works his ass off and is well respected in the locker room and in the community? Philly was upset when he left. Joel Embiid LOVES him. Plus, he went to UofA so he already had a ton of fans in Arizona.

BTW - I’m going to conveniently ignore that last paragraph in your post.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So you wouldn’t trade a pick that would net a Ty Jerome-type for a guy who’s done an excellent job of starting at PG in a pinch, works his ass off and is well respected in the locker room and in the community? Philly was upset when he left. Joel Embiid LOVES him. Plus, he went to UofA so he already had a ton of fans in Arizona.

BTW - I’m going to conveniently ignore that last paragraph in your post.

Hell no I’m trading a 1 for him.

You shouldn’t Ignore it because we laugh about it all the time on this side

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your overevaluation of anything Wildcat based is impressive in its ridiculousness.

TJ

Reaction score
Your overevaluation of anything Wildcat based is impressive in its ridiculousness.

Not sure if this is a knock on me or just an observation, but you know how much attention I give to Arizona recruiting, so naturally, I know a lot about every player that comes thru Tucson.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was out with gf l n couldn't watch gm

Great to see suns won gm maybe a new w streak will occurr since getting healthier

Bong rip to a awesome suns dub :)

Hope all suns cards fans having awesome sun

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

McConnell is a solid point guard.

He is underrated IMO and a solid backup. I've liked his game for years.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
McConnell is a solid point guard.

He is underrated IMO and a solid backup. I've liked his game for years.
Agreed. And the color of his skin has nothing to do with it. I have no affiliation with the UofA or whatever they're calling it these days either. Eddie Johnson was appreciating his game last night as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. And the color of his skin has nothing to do with it. I have no affiliation with the UofA or whatever they're calling it these days either. Eddie Johnson was appreciating his game last night as well.

Yeah. I could care less about the school where a player played or the color of his skin. The primary advantage of following a school is one knows the players who played there better.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Oh no skin color never plays a part. That’s super crazy

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Don’t be a ignorant tool.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh no skin color never plays a part. That’s super crazy
So, it applies to every situation and TJ specifically? Poor attempt on your part saving face. You accuse someone of basically being a racist you better come with some strong evidence.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is a knock on me or just an observation, but you know how much attention I give to Arizona recruiting, so naturally, I know a lot about every player that comes thru Tucson.
I don’t think he is knocking that you closely follow or know your players. That doesn’t equate to be going a good evaluative of talent or that you are immune from bias. Many professionals in the NBA that are GMs and do it for a living struggle with evaluating talent.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose