PAC12 Network on DISH TV?

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It looks like the ASU football game will be aired on the PAC12 network this week. But DishTV doesn't carry this channel.

Who does?

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I heard it is on Cox already. Let me see if I can find out for sure.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Yup, Cox has it, 1075. I watched the 96 ASU- Nebraska game on it the other day.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Yup, Cox has it, 1075. I watched the 96 ASU- Nebraska game on it the other day.

What did you think of the network?

Will it be good for ASU fans?

[They could probably play that ASU/Nebraska game 24/7 and I'd watch it. LOL.]

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you having to buy Channel 1075 as an extra channel with Cox? I have DirecTV but it appears the Pac 12 Network may be sold as a package if they ever reach a deal. Who knows. I'm reluctant to pay an additional charge just to watch ASU football.

Also an internet feed would be welcome.

I don't mind paying a reasonable fee to get all 7 of the Pac 12 networks but the 14.95 monthly cost that has been floating around seems absurd to me. The most recent rumor I've heard is that DTV will just be adding the national network only. As an ASU fan, I doubt that having the national network will do all that much for me as the Devils don't figure to warrant much time on the big channel. Oh well, that's life as an out-of-town Sun Devil fan.

Steve

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't mind paying a reasonable fee to get all 7 of the Pac 12 networks but the 14.95 monthly cost that has been floating around seems absurd to me. The most recent rumor I've heard is that DTV will just be adding the national network only. As an ASU fan, I doubt that having the national network will do all that much for me as the Devils don't figure to warrant much time on the big channel. Oh well, that's life as an out-of-town Sun Devil fan.

Steve

The only sports I really follow in depth is Cardinals football, the Suns and ASU football when it is televised. I get most all the Cardinals football games and all the Suns games in my current TV package so I do not feel like paying substantially extra for a network like the Pac 12 Network package, a network I would seldom watch except for an occasional ASU football game. I thought the whole idea of the Pac 12 Network was to increase exposure, not diminish it. Perhaps if I were into more PAC 12 sports it might interest me.

Now it seems like I have 500 channels and there is nothing on. I'd be willing to pay a reasonable fee for ASU football on a game by game basis but that is it.

Hopefully someday, with the internet becoming more involved, one will only need purchase the channels they want.

HooverDam

Reaction score
What did you think of the network?

Will it be good for ASU fans?

[They could probably play that ASU/Nebraska game 24/7 and I'd watch it. LOL.]

Don't really have any opinion just yet, thats all I've watched.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DirecTV contract possible by Thursday. No idea if that gives them time to actually get the network on air for that night's game.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only sports I really follow in depth is Cardinals football, the Suns and ASU football when it is televised. I get most all the Cardinals football games and all the Suns games in my current TV package so I do not feel like paying substantially extra for a network like the Pac 12 Network package, a network I would seldom watch except for an occasional ASU football game. I thought the whole idea of the Pac 12 Network was to increase exposure, not diminish it. Perhaps if I were into more PAC 12 sports it might interest me.

Now it seems like I have 500 channels and there is nothing on. I'd be willing to pay a reasonable fee for ASU football on a game by game basis but that is it.

Hopefully someday, with the internet becoming more involved, one will only need purchase the channels they want.

My how times have changed. If you grew up in the Phoenix area (Scottsdale to be exact) when I did, you had no choice but to be a die hard Devils fan. It was the law. I think I was 14 years old when I asked for (and received) my first autograph. I had Spaghetti Joe sign my Boston Red Sox cap and I believe I still have it somewhere. I no longer live and die with each game like I did back in elementary school but if I could have one sports wish it would be for ASU to return to it's Kush era status.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You want us to be the best team in the WAC? :p

Actually, the old WAC was a lot of fun. The 1970 Sun Devils were arguably the best team in the nation. Kush did it again in the mid 70's. His teams were successful and entertaining. Our late night game times kept us a mystery to the rest of the pre-ESPN world but the NFL knew who we were. Back in the late 60's, we could go undefeated and not even get a bowl offer let alone championship consideration but the Devils were legitimate.

But, what I'd really like to see is to have ASU returned to that level of interest. You couldn't go into a restaurant or bar in Tempe, Mesa or Scottsdale and not overhear a Devils conversation. It was the conversation starter for all age groups and all occasions.

Steve

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My how times have changed. If you grew up in the Phoenix area (Scottsdale to be exact) when I did, you had no choice but to be a die hard Devils fan. It was the law. I think I was 14 years old when I asked for (and received) my first autograph. I had Spaghetti Joe sign my Boston Red Sox cap and I believe I still have it somewhere. I no longer live and die with each game like I did back in elementary school but if I could have one sports wish it would be for ASU to return to it's Kush era status.

Steve

I couldn't agree more. Frank Kush always had tons of talent at the skill positions especially at running back and receiver. Although defense was not their strength, Kush could always get the team ready to play a Southern Cal or Nebraska. Five names brings it all back to me, Danny White, Mike Pagel, Art Malone, Benny Malone and Mike Haynes. Actually there are too many names to mention. I remember that explosive style of football and the toughness Frank Kush brought to the Sun Devils. I lived and breathed ASU football back then. I want to again. Personally it has never been the same since Frank Kush left.

HooverDam

Reaction score
The 1970 Sun Devils were arguably the best team in the nation.

I knew what you meant, just being silly.

But I disagree with this sentence, and so did Frank. I've heard him say in interviews that his first 22 could go toe to toe with any team in the nation, but he didn't have the depth to take on a regular schedule like ASU has now. The 'Bama's, SCs, etc of the world had much more depth and that was something ASU wouldn't really be able to recruit until joining the Pac.

I do wonder how Frank would've done in the Pac 10. Would he have adapted to the times? I imagine he would've been very good, consistency is important in college football, Frank had a machine rolling along there.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I knew what you meant, just being silly.

But I disagree with this sentence, and so did Frank. I've heard him say in interviews that his first 22 could go toe to toe with any team in the nation, but he didn't have the depth to take on a regular schedule like ASU has now. The 'Bama's, SCs, etc of the world had much more depth and that was something ASU wouldn't really be able to recruit until joining the Pac.

I do wonder how Frank would've done in the Pac 10. Would he have adapted to the times? I imagine he would've been very good, consistency is important in college football, Frank had a machine rolling along there.

I don't think Frank disagrees with me. Today, perhaps, we define "best team" by which one has the most depth but where is it written that a team should be judged by their 2nd and 3rd string players? Yes, we would have come up short if we had to play every game against a Big 10 or Pac 8 opponent but Frank put his team together based on the schedule we typically faced. I believe that team could win a one game match-up with Nebraska and they already proved they were good enough to go undefeated against the rest of their schedule. For a good part of college football history, that would be good enough for a national championship.

Steve

Reaction score
Not many places are carrying the Pac 12 network through Cox....but Blitz (formerly Upper Deck) is and we will be showing the Arizona State game tonight. Happy hour starts at 2....game time at 7....see you there
4224 N Craftsman Court in Old Town Scottsdale
(480) 941-9333 for table reservations

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching PAC 12 network just fine here :D

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1346604172813.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346604172813.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 176