P2 says goodbye to Arizona

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Ronin, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

No, I don’t think the cardinals told him not to tackle.

And I don’t think PP was better than Fitz at their respective peaks. Fitz had a crappercoaster of QBs. I don’t think we know what Fitz truly could’ve been at his peak with the proper QB and consistency at the QB position.

daves likes this.
  2. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

There’s a difference between playing “physical” and not tackling.

Brian in Mesa likes this.
  3. ASUCHRIS

ASUCHRIS ONE HEART BEAT!!!

Indeed. Guys like Dockett, A-Dub, and Boldin may not have PP's accolades, but I will still remember them more fondly.

Ouchie-Z-Clown likes this.
  4. Matt L

Matt L formerly known as mattyboy

More like budda?

5. DVontel

DVontel Registered

lol, nah.

6. DVontel

DVontel Registered

I’ll remember Calais more fondly than PEDerson.

ASUCHRIS, Chopper0080 and BritCard like this.
  7. BritCard

BritCard Registered

I think Peterson was always massively overrated by fans, the media and thus the league as a whole.

He wasn't even the best CB in our division, that was Sherman, and he rode a few good years and some pro bowls to to a reputation he largely didn't deserve. Of his seven PB's he probably deserved 3, but once you get a rep those PB votes keep coming (See Marshon Lattimore).

A quality player, but nowhere near as good as many or he himself believed. Most definitely not a Hall of Fame player.

I'll always remember him as a player who cared far more about himself than the team as demonstrated by his "I'd rather have a gold jacket than a ring" comment.

GatorAZ likes this.
  8. DVontel

DVontel Registered

Eh, I mean, I would, too.

9. BritCard

BritCard Registered

That's fair enough, but if you are going to be playing a team game you can't have more interest in your own glory. Not in my book anyway.

You do your job and you make sure the team wins, even if that's doing the dirty work outside the limelight.

Guys like Budda, Watt, Calais etc aren't bothered about personal glory. For me, that's all P2 cared about.

Ouchie-Z-Clown likes this.
  10. Finito

Finito Registered

yeah keep living in that fantasy world where these guys are all about the team Boy Scouts lol. No trust me they’d pretty much all rather ball out and get paid than win a ring and be a role player. This is a business

CC didn’t hesitate to take the money and leave town as he should and Watt? You think Watt is genuine?

dude you got no idea

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    CardsSunsDbacks likes this.
  11. QuebecCard

QuebecCard Registered

I don't think THE LEAGUE's opinion of Peterson's talents and accomplishments were or is subject to what the media and thus fans thought one way or another. Whether a CB in his own division was arguably better is a bit irrelevant to his League-wide reputation, and if he stays healthy the Hall of Fame is still an open question. As to his personality (irrelevant) and true motivations, I'll leave that to tea leaf readers given that the quote could be understood as PP21 saying that a gold jacket means that he consistently did his job, but that a ring is simply out of his hands.

12. BritCard

BritCard Registered

I didn't say that. All players are driven by money and personal achievement to some extent, as we all are. But for most of them that stops when they hit the field.

It's not just the jacket comment, P2 demonstrated it over and over again with things like still wanting to get paid when he had his PED suspension and removing all Cards affiliations from his socials when they wouldn't.

13. QuebecCard

QuebecCard Registered

Trying to imagine PP21, who has made over $100m in his career, with money on his mind as he hits the field.

cardncubfan likes this.
  14. Shane

Shane Current STAR Contributor

Id argue that we saw his peak. He had that consistency for a 4.5 year stretch with Warner. He was awesome and in his 4-7th seasons and at his physical peak. He was amazing.

It could be argued his best statistical season was with Derick Anderson and John Skelton throwing to him in 2011.

Then he had it again 2013 -2017 when he had Carson Palmer... Who played at a high level here. Fitz had grade A QB play and consistency for basically over a decade. Yet he had better statistical seasons in a couple seasons with bozos at QB. Then throw in the last 2 season with Murray. That’s 12 years out of 17 with good QB play. Not really sure we can buy the whole he got short changed in the QB arena. I know it gets thrown out there.

All that being said he was better then PP in their primes I agree.

15. BritCard

BritCard Registered

Again, not what I said. I was talking in general, not about P2.