Ozark (Netflix)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
i just read an interview by the actress that plays Ruth. She liked the ending and how her character played out in the show.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not sure how you guys wanted it to end. I don't think there is some magical ending they left out there that would have made almost everybody happy. I liked it as it came full circle for the family story. That story was the core of the whole series.
flashbacks from season one in that very final scene. excellent.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
finished it last night. One of my favorite shows ever and it winded down just right. I hated to see some of it happen, but it was necessary and made sense.

As far as the end
I thought it was painfully obvious that jonah killed Sattem. I'm surprised people even considered it to be something else.

RIP ruth!

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
finished it last night. One of my favorite shows ever and it winded down just right. I hated to see some of it happen, but it was necessary and made sense.

As far as the end
I thought it was painfully obvious that jonah killed Sattem. I'm surprised people even considered it to be something else.

RIP ruth!
Considering the graphic deaths of oh, so many others, why black this one out? :shrug:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering the graphic deaths of oh, so many others, why black this one out? :shrug:
I totally agree. I think it's obvious what Jonah did but don't understand why it wasn't shown.

The only thing that makes sense in the storyline is that he shot the private investigator to protect the family. After everything, the Byrde family stuck together.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I totally agree. I think it's obvious what Jonah did but don't understand why it wasn't shown.

The only thing that makes sense in the storyline is that he shot the private investigator to protect the family. After everything, the Byrde family stuck together.
Fade to black...... it leaves the viewers with something to think and talk about. Which was successful as we are seeing last year. Think of the Sopranos ending scene.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I actually think it would of been more odd to show the “deed” and then fade to black right after:
The ending wasn’t about another death, it was about the family coming together in the end. Once that happened, it faded to black. If i had a complaint it would be that Jonah’s arc did a 180 a little too quickly for my liking. But his return to the family was inevitable.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fade to black...... it leaves the viewers with something to think and talk about. Which was successful as we are seeing last year. Think of the Sopranos ending scene.
Oh, I get it but people are still griping about how the Sopranos ended which makes this ending seem like an even odder choice.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, I get it but people are still griping about how the Sopranos ended which makes this ending seem like an even odder choice.
People are silly… the ending is clear as day the only person the planet who doesn’t know what happened is Chris… lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose