Our Running Game

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So far, the Saints are stuffing the Jaguars run game. It looks kinda like ours. So far.
I know Bevell is the OC, but I wonder if Urban is saving his offense like Kliff did his 1st year in ps. Looks nothing like his OSU or Florida offenses.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Last season the wins only came when our RBs combined for 87+ yards rushing and all losses below that mark with the lone exceptions being the Patriots game (should’ve won/gone OT) and the Eagles game.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
@BritCard Kliff would be a fool to play Kyler or anyone major against the Saints. just not worth it.

Absolutely. Said as much elsewhere.

What's the point? I don't see what it achieves that you can't achieve in practice. Better they have 10-15 drives of game simulation in practice than 3 with no game prep in preseason.

I don't think they will after this.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My understanding is that is wasn't Eno's running abilities that were in question but it was his pass pro/blocking that he had trouble picking up, so hopefully he has improved in that aspect.

He didn't play ST's either which was the big one. Can't have a back end RB active if they aren't contributing on ST's.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
We've been hearing that for a while now and the Oline has not improved like we all were expecting it to

This can't be said enough
The line has improved significantly since the Kingsbury staff arrived. Look at Humphries for example. He went from bottom five tackle to being one of the better in the league. Pugh went from marginal starter to decent. Justin Murray has played decently.

The Cardinals have barely used any draft capital too, so the improvements have been from young starters and lower end vets.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The line has improved significantly since the Kingsbury staff arrived. Look at Humphries for example. He went from bottom five tackle to being one of the better in the league. Pugh went from marginal starter to decent. Justin Murray has played decently.

The Cardinals have barely used any draft capital too, so the improvements have been from young starters and lower end vets.
We are talking about the run game

Subtract KM's yards when he scrambles and factor only designated run plays

Very little push on the line. Interior line had zero push. Players? Coaching?

Pass blocking is decent

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Pass blocking is decent
You’re right. But you’re about to have a bunch posters completely ignore what you just asked for and have them throw a bunch of kyler rushing stats in your face.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This is what I just do not get. Look, Kliff gets into the league and stuff does not really seem to be working and he starts using a TE or 2 to block etc, and we have a running game and he did not have a bunch of WRs as the standard approach which he started the season as the offense starts moving. Then everyone says, and it was true, he was adapting and not set on being revolutionary... but now it seems he wants to accomplish this semi spread offense of his though the objective is to win and he was at one point on track

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Pass blocking is decent
Pass blocking is NOT decent. If not for Murray’s ability to escape, a less mobile QB would get sacked 50 times behind this line. Murray was constantly on the run last year, and he made many rushers whiff on a constant basis. Go back & watch the Bills game again. He should have been sacked 8-10 times.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave