Our D

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Career days to most every QB we’ve this season! Jimmy G has had a career day against us TWICE :madarms:

Try these numbers on for size:

329 passing yards per game
29 passing TDs!!! Yes 29!!!
71% completion percentage for the season

And yet we’ve got 5 games to go lol

Vance has to go!!!

Never thought I would say this and the guy made some harsh comments on Kliff at the beginning of the year but if he would know his place with some respect to the rest of the staff... yeah, I would sign Rex freaking Ryan to coach our defense lol

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Our sucky D held the league leading 9ers rushing attack to 20 yards today, and had several takeaways. There is good with the bad, that teeny minds seeking confirmation bias won't look at. We need a big NT and a rearrangement of our ILB's. One punishing run killer and one nimble one to cover TE's better.

I think our young secondary shows signs of real skills to be honed, with Murphy, Baker, Thompsons and such. Our OLB's are seriously fearsome. We need DL and either an ILB or a SS that can stick to TE's like glue.

Meh, the opposing team had their RB1 out, their TE1 out and a WR with bad ribs and they IMPROVED to put up over 400 yards passing, and scored more points - so we were actually WORSE this week. Your argument is flawed.

PASSING -Week 9
Player CP/ATT YDS TD INT
Jimmy Garoppolo 28/37 317 4 0
RUSHING
Player CAR YDS TD AVG
Matt Breida 15 78 0 5.2
Tevin Coleman 12 23 0 1.9
Jimmy Garoppolo 3 2 0 0.7
Raheem Mostert 1 -2 0 -2

PASSING -Week 11
Player CP/ATT YDS TD INT
Jimmy Garoppolo 34/45 424 4 2
RUSHING
Player CAR YDS TD AVG
Tevin Coleman 12 14 0 1.2
Raheem Mostert 6 13 0 2.2
Jimmy Garoppolo 1 7 0 7

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Never thought I would say this and the guy made some harsh comments on Kliff at the beginning of the year but if he would know his place with some respect to the rest of the staff... yeah, I would sign Rex freaking Ryan to coach our defense lol
No disrespect Jet but I wouldn’t touch Rex or any Ryan as a coach on my staff. I think they’re both finished as coaches & neither have been very successful for quite awhile now.

And I didn’t even talk about what a distraction & jackasses both are lol

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You knew the D would choke. I had no doubt the Niners would score a TD on the final drive. This D is keeping with the Cardinal tradition of so many blown games over the years.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Greg Manusky might be looking for a new job when Washington rebuilds...don't know how much better than Vance he is...

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
The offense choked on their last possession!
The D made a pick and gave it back to the offense to win the game, but instead of stepping up and driving the ball and taking time off the clock for a win, they go 3&out.
What a joke that was! Or was it a Choke!
But the D gets the rap?
I say they both sucked at the end!

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The D made a pick and gave it back to the offense to win the game, but instead of stepping up and driving the ball and taking time off the clock for a win, they go 3&out.
But the D gets the rap?
Sure the offense could have sealed the game but almost every time we score or need a crucial stop this season, the defense folds and coughs up points. I lay the majority of the blame on the D.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sure the offense could have sealed the game but almost every time we score or need a crucial stop this season, the defense folds and coughs up points. I lay the majority of the blame on the D.

And seems like every time the offense needs a crucial late first down to seal a game the OL disappears.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And seems like every time the offense needs a crucial late first down to seal a game the OL disappears.
In most cases we wouldn’t need the crucial late first down if our defense after we score didn’t immediately cough up a score in each quarter of the game

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
But the D gets the rap?

Hell no. If your offense all of a sudden gets the blame for one series for what the defense created during a major stretch of the game... you need to reevaluate your critique

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
There is a lot of blame going around on the defense yet they are not entirely to blame here.

The defense forces a turnover on downs in the 1st qtr. at the AZ 40 and the offense promptly goes 3 and out losing a 1 yd. in the process. The defense then forces a 3 and out with the Niners losing 8 yds. and giving the offense the ball at the AZ 43 which the offense turns into a TD. Before the half the defense holds the Niners to a FG so the halftime score is 16-10.

The offense starts the 3rd Qtr. with a 3 and out for minus 4 yds. and the defense gets the ball back with an INT at SF 47 yd line and the offense fails to get it in the end zone and settles for a FG. Then the defense hands the ball back to the offense with 4:40 left in the game again with and INT at the AZ 25 yd line and the offense goes 3 and out losing 6 yards with 2:20 left in the game.

The defense gave the offense some good field position and made some stops which the offense failed to capitalize on. The offense only had 266 yards total offense which is not going to win you a lot of games. Murray only averaged 6.25 yards per completion on a 150 yards. Even Mason Rudolph averaged over 9 yards per completion and he had a horrible game. I'm not saying the defense is great but they did do some good things and the offense had it's share of failures in the game.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
There is a lot of blame going around on the defense yet they are not entirely to blame here.

The defense forces a turnover on downs in the 1st qtr. at the AZ 40 and the offense promptly goes 3 and out losing a 1 yd. in the process. The defense then forces a 3 and out with the Niners losing 8 yds. and giving the offense the ball at the AZ 43 which the offense turns into a TD. Before the half the defense holds the Niners to a FG so the halftime score is 16-10.

The offense starts the 3rd Qtr. with a 3 and out for minus 4 yds. and the defense gets the ball back with an INT at SF 47 yd line and the offense fails to get it in the end zone and settles for a FG. Then the defense hands the ball back to the offense with 4:40 left in the game again with and INT at the AZ 25 yd line and the offense goes 3 and out losing 6 yards with 2:20 left in the game.

The defense gave the offense some good field position and made some stops which the offense failed to capitalize on. The offense only had 266 yards total offense which is not going to win you a lot of games. Murray only averaged 6.25 yards per completion on a 150 yards. Even Mason Rudolph averaged over 9 yards per completion and he had a horrible game. I'm not saying the defense is great but they did do some good things and the offense had it's share of failures in the game.
If this was a one time occurrence, you would probably have a more valid point. However, because this is almost a weekly occurrence I don't think they get an excuse.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
If this was a one time occurrence, you would probably have a more valid point. However, because this is almost a weekly occurrence I don't think they get an excuse.
I guess I should have made my point a little clearer, many here are blaming the defense for the loss in this past Sunday's game when in reality both offense and defense made enough errors to account for the loss.

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score

The defense gave the offense some good field position and made some stops which the offense failed to capitalize on. The offense only had 266 yards total offense which is not going to win you a lot of games. Murray only avera6.25 yards per completion on a 150 yards. Even Mason Rudolph averaged over 9 yards per completion and he had a horrible game. I'm not saying the defense is great but they did do some good things and the offense had it's share of failures in the game.
Agree completely after rewatching game in the moment I was completely wrong I blamed the D the whole game offensively we need to make a few more plays also

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
KK needs find some middle ground at end of game. Criticized early in the season for throwing too many times while trying to run clock -- he seems like he has over corrected.

this week: with 4+ mins left and the ball at their own 25.

the primary goal there was first downs /yardage, not necessarily clock.

Just run the same offense that had just scored a TD --nice mix of play action short passing and running by Drake.

seems like KK ran the offense as if there were 2:25 left --- two handoffs to create a 3rd and 5.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I guess I should have made my point a little clearer, many here are blaming the defense for the loss in this past Sunday's game when in reality both offense and defense made enough errors to account for the loss.

Team game. Should win as a team, lose as a team. But, some things always stand out and get more blame. Usually, there is plenty to go around.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave