Our Ceiling

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Lakers are one of those games where I really wish we had both Baynes and Ayton available. I don't like our chances without them but maybe we can get hot and force them to match up to us. As for Miami, refs will have a lot to say about that game. They play a similar style to us and the refs are used to allowing it. And historically, in addition to playing physically, they've always flopped well and they have quick hands. Of course, with Josh Richardson gone and Wade retired they've lost two of their better floppers.

At least the Heat don't have Whiteside anymore. Hopefully this will help Baynes stay out of foul trouble.

OP
OP
C

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
8 seed. If we can get, and stay, healthy. That’s my revised opinion on the suns the ceiling, not necessarily what I think will happen.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I am sad to say that even if the Suns health rate improves,
I no longer believe that we can make the playoffs.

When it gets down to crunch time, we are too frail, too
one dimensional and too disrespected by the refs to
shine in the rough time of the season.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm going to say a late lottery team unfortunately. At least the revised lottery structure make later lottery picks slightly more valuable. Ugh.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Rockets got off to a bad start last year as well..... they will figure it out. Prolly to the tune of a 3 seed at worst.

I don't think so.

They are the worst Defensive team in the league, and it's the personnel and D'antoni that don't want to play defense. Paul provided outside shooting and Defense that Westbrook just doesn't, I think they actually made themselves worse with that move.

I mean they will probably make the playoffs, but they will not be a top 4 team IMO.
I definitely don't think they'll get that high. Their roster is really thin, they're starting Daniel House Jr... Austin Rivers and Ben McClemore are combining for 30+ minutes a game.

I won't be long until Mike D resorts to playing a 7 man rotation and not long after that players will start breaking down.

The Rockets used to be the kings of analytics but recently, in their desperation to get over the top, they've made some head scratching moves.
Don't look now...... But the Rockets are the three seed.

Barring a major injury...... they will probably will remain top 4 when the season wraps up.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't look now...... But the Rockets are the three seed.

Barring a major injury...... they will probably will remain top 4 when the season wraps up.

They've somehow avoided injury, despite D'Antoni going to a slim rotation earlier than he normally does and Westbrook and Harden figured out a functioning balance between them.

However, I think an injury is just a matter of time. Harden leads the league in minutes played, even in massive blowouts Mike D will hardly even let a 9th man on the court. I don't think they can maintain this pace, but they certainly won't slip out of the playoffs.

I'd guess they end up 5th.