Ouchies thoughts on these klowns

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The pass to Kirk was the right read and thrown perfectly. That drop was just the beginning of mistakes that broke our backs. Hell, cut the mistakes in just half and we more than likely win that game.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That pass was on Kirk because I do not care about the percentages, you take that yardage anytime you can with such a pretty pass... yeah, Kirk is a pro WR but not a great WR or worth the money if he asks for a lot
I’m going to disagree for a couple of reasons.
1. We had a nice drive going. Eating the clock and keeping Taylor off the field. A safe play call for a first down would have continued the opening drive. Missed fg and what did Taylor do on his very first carry?
2. You are correct. Kirk is not a great Wr thus it strengthens my point.
3. The drive was clicking. Was it Kliffs call or was it Kyler’s audible? We’ll never know.
4. Timing. Another tome in the game I’d be okay with it. But first quarter, first drive and an opportunity to get a lead I just would not have attempted that lower pct play.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m going to disagree for a couple of reasons.
1. We had a nice drive going. Eating the clock and keeping Taylor off the field. A safe play call for a first down would have continued the opening drive. Missed fg and what did Taylor do on his very first carry?
2. You are correct. Kirk is not a great Wr thus it strengthens my point.
3. The drive was clicking. Was it Kliffs call or was it Kyler’s audible? We’ll never know.
4. Timing. Another tome in the game I’d be okay with it. But first quarter, first drive and an opportunity to get a lead I just would not have attempted that lower pct play.
No risk it, no biscuit.

It's worked for us at times this season (including two to Kirk that I immediately think of) in similar situations. This time it didn't. Good read on the coverage, perfect pass..... but two out of 3 isn't good enough. You aren't going to get them all.

Personally, I wanted to go for it on 4th down and not kick the FG. Surprised we didn't and was disappointed Kliff went conservative on a 4th down all of the sudden. We have been going for those all season.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No risk it, no biscuit.

It's worked for us at times this season (including two to Kirk that I immediately think of) in similar situations. This time it didn't. Good read on the coverage, perfect pass..... but two out of 3 isn't good enough. You aren't going to get them all.

Personally, I wanted to go for it on 4th down and not kick the FG. Surprised we didn't and was disappointed Kliff went conservative on a 4th down all of the sudden. We have been going for those all season.
Given that long pass to Kirk I was certain Kliff was already planning on going for it on 4th down. I was shocked.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Given that long pass to Kirk I was certain Kliff was already planning on going for it on 4th down. I was shocked.
Exactly my thinking as well.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I approached this season with a "show me"/"wait 'n see"" attitude.

Well they showed us, and we waited and saw.

They're pretenders.
If you are basing your judgement before the final two games and their playoff shot, you are theoretically pretending to give an accurate judgement because removed from past emotive biases, yeah this franchise loses a lot. You could very well be right and I lean to that observation too, but I think the 2008 team had just as much justification if not more to be call pretenders and I personally will not give any affirmative answer at this point... still waiting on the Cards :newcards:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson